Caterham 1.990 - Riiise from your graave!

http://www.mediafire.com/?6duwpp40yac5imj

Better late than never, although three and a half years between public updates is pushing it! I had plans to release this when the rest of the mod was "finished", but our sound guys kept falling through.

Thought i'd shove that out the door now that we have rf2 to play in. Can't wait to get something useable out of that funky new tyre editor, it should have a great effect on the cats. :)

More details here:

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Caterham

Edit: Here's a great little video showing off the new iteration:

We've actually reverted back to the v1.75 version in the club races here. (every friday at RaceDepartment) I think there were some issue with 1.99. Here's a vid of a hot-lap from the default Nurburgring track we raced at on Friday:

The best advice i can give is to not slide them around so much, keep it nice and tidy!

Hi John, the issues we found were as follows (just Academy Class, as that's all we run):
  1. We had some people not being able to join with some of the default cars - we had no add ons in play, just the ones that came with the mod.
  2. We noticed a lot more sounds distortion (sounded like clipping) on replays when there were a few cars close together
  3. Handling - we all just preferred the handling of the v1.75. v1.99 felt way snappier at the rear out of the box than v1.75, and it took some pretty extreme setup measures (within the Academy limitations) to tame (if not eradicate) it. With v1.75, the setups feel more progressive from one extreme to the other, so even if default isn't to your liking, the "middle" is pretty neutral so you have scope to change it both ways.
As I say, we love v1.75 for the Academy, that's all we run, so that's our main yardstick.

ok

1. This should never happen if everyone installs correctly. While it is possible to install 1.99 without any other version present, I recommend installing 1.5, then deleting the entire caterham folder before installing 1.99

2. The sounds don't mix well when a lot of cars are together at a certain rev level. That might have been fixable with a bit of wave editing, but someone else came in to mess with sounds, so I didn't bother. I think he only messed with the r500 in the end. The SFX files can be kept from any previous version and will still work.

3. Wether this is an issue or not is down to Cubits and any real Cat drivers that know how these things behave.

Glad you're all still enjoying the mod, whatever version you prefer!

Cheers,
John

Yeah, we love it.

I'm more than willing to accept the possibility that the v1.99 Academy may be more accurate to the real world, it's just that we found the v1.75's scale better across the different driving style preferences, and allow more people to compete on a more equal footing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back