WIP Casale Monferrato Racetrack

cas.JPG Circuit opened in 1973, 2460m longer.Situated between Morano Po and Pontestura, the circuit was inaugurated y Arturo Merzario, setting the track record with his Ferrari 312 B2 in 1'01"1 at the average speed of 144,95 kph .This track contest italian's f3 and tourin cars championships. In 1973, 1974 and 1976 there was a lot of proposal to make it longer in order to became an international spot for motorsport. But in 1975 problems begins: from Pontestura and Cuniolo there are some protests for noise. In 1976 there was a reduction of atcivity, and a plan of works to reduce the noise, but it isn't enough and the circuit was closed at the end of the year. The 18 of august of 1977 an escavator opens the gate and destroy 500 meters of the track. In 1980 the track was paved again and a reopining was possible for 1981. Recently there was other attempts, but now the circuit is inside a natural area and the rules make impossible a return to the activity.

Now I'm working on the real track layout, and i would realize at least the proposal of 1973. The layout is completed. I realiaze also the garage and the race tower, but now I'm retexturing everything because the sketchup texture are rubbish...

For the moment I need a suggestion: I found some textures on the web that are good enough for replace the originals, but I have only the diffuse texture. How I can create the specular and the bump texture? Thanks in advance for everyone would like to help me.
Tomorrow I will post some screenshots
Cheers from Italy
Andrea.

V0.95 Released
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7...asaleV0.95.zip
Change Log
-Gdb file
Updated file with real datas
Corrected speed limit

-Objects
Corrected collision on fences
Corrected collisions on box building
Corrected real position of guard rails
Added back face on guard rails
Added fences on turn 1-6
Added vegetation

-Aiw file
Corrected corridors on s\f straight, ai don't hir guard rails anymore

-Cam file
Solved activation problem after turn 4

Last edited:
Modeling the race direction and the tower in the middle of the circuit.
Cheers.
Andrea.

Attachments

• tower.JPG
    tower.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 434
  • direzione gara.JPG
    direzione gara.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 453
race direction and boxes updated.

I have 2 questions: in the race direction i have son windows as you can see, i the sketchup model are trasparent but when I import it in btb they lost trasparency. What I have to do? What kind of material I have to assign?
Second question: it's possible to have the crowd only in the race weekend?

Attachments

• direzione gara updated.JPG
    direzione gara updated.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 577
  • box updated.JPG
    box updated.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 487
I don't think BTB supports material transparency. I think the simplest way to achieve the effect is to give the window texture an alpha channel, which has a grey colour, and save using DXT5 compression. After importing into XPacker, set the Transparency to 'Use Alpha'.

I just remembered you asked about crowds. If you're making the track for rFacotr, go to Edit Objects (
objects.gif
), then the Edit tab and select the object. Next to the Properties tab is an rF Visibility tab, which has all the required options.

This is per-object, so it'll be a bit harder if you have a crowd and grandstand as one object.

Hello, after a long long time finally i found the time to complete the project.
Here is a link to the video:
In the next days i'll post some pics about the project.

First release version!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pg...CasaleV0.9.zip
V0.91 Patch
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sf...patchV0.91.zip
Updated .gdb file to fix pit limit problem. Copy in track directory and overwrite the older one.

Change log:
26 March 2015
First release V0.9
Change log:
-Added vegetation
-Reworked AI, now is faster but need to be bestify in the slower part of the circuit
-Repositioned Kerbs
-Modified start/finish position and turn 4 shape in order to new historical aknowledge

Attachments

• cas rel.jpg
    cas rel.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
V0.95 Released
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7...asaleV0.95.zip
Change Log
-Gdb file
Updated file with real datas
Corrected speed limit

-Objects