Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 130869

Just out of the curiosity, how does the AI behave on high aggression? Does the game turn to ramming fest or what?

I pretty much settled to running only Low aggression because there's attrition especially when running in packs. The different grip settings on the racing surface exacerbates this, the AI's sudden inside/outside line cuts cause them to go off or create accidents. High aggression will see the AI be more prone to trying to be alongside more often and be where there isn't adequate space, and maybe lose control, even more often.

You must always run qualifying - accelerated time helps make it less painful - and have aggression on Low to help yourself as best as possible, and reduce AI-driven problems to hopefully just the first lap or two. The experience is impacted by the kind of cars being used, open wheelers such as the CART 1998 cars are right at the top of the pyramid of chaos.

I pretty much settled to running only Low aggression because there's attrition especially when running in packs. The different grip settings on the racing surface exacerbates this, the AI's sudden inside/outside line cuts cause them to go off or create accidents.

I haven't noticed any attrition unless my race settings are off.

I ran a full race at Fontana, 250 laps, with tyre wear, fuel usage, reliability, etc set to normal. AI aggression set to low. AI ability at 100%.

Only two cars retired after 250 laps. Bryan Herta retired because of clutch failure and I retired on lap 75 when I ran out of talent and hit the wall. For a super speedway 2 retirements seems awfully low and the only caution I saw was when I crashed.

• Deleted member 130869

Oval racing works better, it's a moving start with enough space for the cars, gentle radius of corners, and no braking. Ovals make up a minute % of AMS's track offerings.

It's important to look at the drivers before they had retirements. Hélio had a few retirements from contact, he was also new after all, but he led dozens of laps too. Tony also drove well but reliability played a hand.
If you can make sure Greg Moore, Jimmy Vasser, Michael Andretti, Bryan Herta and Dario Franchitti get their pole positions more often than Alex Zanardi - but lose out in the race due to Alex's consistency, race craft and also machinery - that will be a nice refinement. Just be cautious with numbers, small changes are best and aggression can't be high for anyone. There's built-in savageness to the AI so 50% aggression should be the very limit.
Thanks for your advice Gui, I will take them in consider, you obviously know what you talking about. ;)
I haven't noticed any attrition unless my race settings are off.
I ran a full race at Fontana, 250 laps, with tyre wear, fuel usage, reliability, etc set to normal. AI aggression set to low. AI ability at 100%.
Only two cars retired after 250 laps. Bryan Herta retired because of clutch failure and I retired on lap 75 when I ran out of talent and hit the wall. For a super speedway 2 retirements seems awfully low and the only caution I saw was when I crashed.
Wow. You're a champ.
I've never run FULL race, sad to admit. Neither are you, apparently, but you've tried at least. :)
It's good that you retired with "only" 75 laps. Can't imagine really go for 250. Exhausting. :alien:

we need new skins of the others championships like 1997, 1999 2000
Oh boy... don't let me start with this.... '97 is my dream, since that's the year on which is based the game from my boyhood - CART Precision racing. I play that game like mad man. I guess I just wait that someone (else:p) start this, so I have something to join. lol
I'm not some class A painter, although I've done a one or two nice (highly acclaimed:D) ones, but if anything could motivate me then it would be this mod, that year. Guess we just have to wait now. :)

Another thing... you can't just say "we need this we need that" (means I need this I need that) you have to give something back... this is not McDonald's, you can't just... order things. So, I understand you're a painter huh ? :rolleyes:

Wow. You're a champ.
I've never run FULL race, sad to admit. Neither are you, apparently, but you've tried at least. :)
It's good that you retired with "only" 75 laps. Can't imagine really go for 250. Exhausting. :alien:

It was a lot harder than I was expecting, physically and mentally. At 340 km/h in the curves the wheel doesn't want to turn much and it gets quite stressful when you are sitting in a pack of 5 cars constantly swopping places at full speed. Lap after lap of this and it gets exhausting. Fun, but exhausting.

I crashed because I lost control while trying to slip stream Zanardi (leader) when he started lapping the field. I think if I just kept driving like a normal person I'd have finished around 10th as that is where I was comfortable. :laugh:

Oval racing works better, it's a moving start with enough space for the cars, gentle radius of corners, and no braking. Ovals make up a minute % of AMS's track offerings.

The lack of yellow flags just felt odd for oval racing though. I was maybe expecting a blown engine or some contact somewhere after so many laps.

It was a lot harder than I was expecting, physically and mentally. At 340 km/h in the curves the wheel doesn't want to turn much and it gets quite stressful when you are sitting in a pack of 5 cars constantly swopping places at full speed. Lap after lap of this and it gets exhausting. Fun, but exhausting.
I crashed because I lost control while trying to slip stream Zanardi (leader) when he started lapping the field. I think if I just kept driving like a normal person I'd have finished around 10th as that is where I was comfortable. :laugh:
:thumbsup::laugh:
Now you know ...for the next time. ;)
Although... I think something like ~25% of real laps is just fine.
Then you can set that you use fuel, tyres and track progression accordingly (x4).
The lack of yellow flags just felt odd for oval racing though. I was maybe expecting a blown engine or some contact somewhere after so many laps.
Well... that's why we're here, aren't we Gui ? :geek:
We can change that (you can even try it for yourself for now) by increasing "crash" and "recovery". And/or increase "aggression" and "courtesy".
Here's orginal from, as example, PJ Jone's .rcd file:
Aggression=44
Reputation=99
Courtesy=48
Composure=46
Speed=46
Crash=20
Recovery=15
CompletedLaps=95
MinRacingSkill=40

Here's from Castroneves:
Aggression=84
Reputation=99
Courtesy=76
Composure=81
Speed=77
Crash=5
Recovery=5
CompletedLaps=95
MinRacingSkill=74

And here's from Franchitti:
Aggression=88
Reputation=99
Courtesy=75
Composure=93
Speed=95
Crash=1
Recovery=5
CompletedLaps=95
MinRacingSkill=92

Guess you can figure it by yourself that you need to increase those numbers if you want more crashes. And mistakes in general I guess.
RAF - Running at Finish
LLF - Lead Lap Finishes
Thanks for the infos mate ! :thumbsup:

Is anyone having problems with AI fuel usage? I tried to do a Race with x2 fuel usage but it seems the AI car does not use any.

Edit: Nevermind, I don't think it was related to the mod. I used steam integrity check and it worked normally afterwards.

Last edited:
I have done my own skin from the template, and it loads fine in the sim. But the cockpit is a different color when in driving view. The template comes with the livery, wings, helmet, fire suit...(as I'm sure you know : ) as well as the cockpit file, which is the only part I don't know how to install. I can't get over how real this sim feels!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.