Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
If this should be posted somewhere else, please let me know.

Can someone help me figure out what is wrong with a skin that was created for me? It is a PC27 skin and the problem I have is the sidepod inlets are empty. I checked the .veh file for my #31 driver and everything matches what is listed in Al Jr.'s .veh. Here is a link to the .dds file if anyone wants to check it out.

20201026121151_1.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-26 222312.png

The stock PC27s for Al Unser, Jr. and Andre Ribeiro don't have this issue.

20201026121202_1.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-26 222753.png

Thanks in advance for anyone's time and help!

Last edited:
UPDATE: Dann Murillo helped me determine that there was a canvas color issue. I went back to Al Jr.'s DDS file and deleted the sections where the numbers go. I then copied the number areas from my #31 DDS and pasted them in the exact same place in the Al Jr. DDS. I then exported the image as a new #31 DDS file.

Having lots of fun with this mod, I've waited my whole life for a peak-CART game with oval racing.

Does anyone have advice for high speed ovals (MIS, Fontana, Pocono)? I have the JNS oval pack and am struggling quite a bit with aero induced oversteer at high speeds. The margin for this occurring is generally 200+ MPH.

Being on track alone I am able to set my car up just fine. But when I race with others I am finding that as soon as I get into the slipstream of another car the back end comes right around. It's near impossible to control. The AI doesn't suffer from this so I am wondering if there's something in my setup I should adjust.

If this is the wrong place to ask could someone please direct me to a similar discussion? I'd appreciate the feedback, and again, lots of fun this mod despite the struggles on the high speed tracks.

Having lots of fun with this mod, I've waited my whole life for a peak-CART game with oval racing.

Does anyone have advice for high speed ovals (MIS, Fontana, Pocono)? I have the JNS oval pack and am struggling quite a bit with aero induced oversteer at high speeds. The margin for this occurring is generally 200+ MPH.

Being on track alone I am able to set my car up just fine. But when I race with others I am finding that as soon as I get into the slipstream of another car the back end comes right around. It's near impossible to control. The AI doesn't suffer from this so I am wondering if there's something in my setup I should adjust.

If this is the wrong place to ask could someone please direct me to a similar discussion? I'd appreciate the feedback, and again, lots of fun this mod despite the struggles on the high speed tracks.
Fantastic to hear! Playing CART Extreme has been my #1 new activity to do during this dumb COVID-19 pandemic.

These links should help. Tim O'Glock's, a.k.a. Ferdinand Lechner, setups are amazing. He is definitely a simracing alien, but these should help you quite a bit. They helped me a ton!

Fantastic to hear! Playing CART Extreme has been my #1 new activity to do during this dumb COVID-19 pandemic.

These links should help. Tim O'Glock's, a.k.a. Ferdinand Lechner, setups are amazing. He is definitely a simracing alien, but these should help you quite a bit. They helped me a ton!

Funny you direct me to Ferdinand's setups.

I was looking at these setups but I am having trouble locating the "Player" file he mentioned regarding changing the damping units for the shock absorbers.

I've tried the file explorer search yet I cannot seem to locate this file for changing these values, and finding a conversion between 'clicks' and rates (N/m/s or Lb/in/s) is proving just as difficult since I'm unsure if the conversion changes from car-to-car.

By any chance do you know where this file is located? I have tried searching through Automobilista via file explorer and have checked a bunch of ini files so far but have yet to locate the file where I can change the damping units.

Much love for the quick reply from before btw.

Funny you direct me to Ferdinand's setups.

I was looking at these setups but I am having trouble locating the "Player" file he mentioned regarding changing the damping units for the shock absorbers.

I've tried the file explorer search yet I cannot seem to locate this file for changing these values, and finding a conversion between 'clicks' and rates (N/m/s or Lb/in/s) is proving just as difficult since I'm unsure if the conversion changes from car-to-car.

By any chance do you know where this file is located? I have tried searching through Automobilista via file explorer and have checked a bunch of ini files so far but have yet to locate the file where I can change the damping units.

Much love for the quick reply from before btw.
Go to your Windows Documents directory. You should see an Automobilista directory there. This is *not* where the game is installed. The sub-directories for this directory are where your replays, screenshots, car setups, and user data are stored.

In the "user data" sub-directory, there will be another sub-directory that matches your name in the game. Go into that sub-directory with your name and you will see a file named Your Name.plr (substitute "Your Name" with the name you are using in the game.

In the [ Game Options ] section, there is a parameter named Damper Units (line 400 in my file). Change its value from 0 to 1 and save the file.

Hope this helps!

Go to your Windows Documents directory. You should see an Automobilista directory there. This is *not* where the game is installed. The sub-directories for this directory are where your replays, screenshots, car setups, and user data are stored.

In the "user data" sub-directory, there will be another sub-directory that matches your name in the game. Go into that sub-directory with your name and you will see a file named Your Name.plr (substitute "Your Name" with the name you are using in the game.

In the [ Game Options ] section, there is a parameter named Damper Units (line 400 in my file). Change its value from 0 to 1 and save the file.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the help, gonna keep going with some setups and see how racing goes on the larger ovals going forward.

All the best

Hi. Great to see my setups are still being used.

I don't think there is anything you can change in the setup to get rid of the oversteer when behind another car. It seems to be inherent to the cars. I've only done two or three oval races but in all of them this weird oversteer caused players to crash.

I take it you only use these cars offline? In that case you should be able to edit the physics files (.hdv files) of the cars and fix this behavior. In the .hdv files you can find draft lift multipliers for the front (FWdraftLiftMult) and rear (RWdraftLiftMult) wings. Play around with these values until you find something that works. This approach should work but take my advice with a grain of salt as I don't have a lot of experience modding cars.

We will be racing Michigan, Fontana, and Indy in May in a slightly modified (more league friendly) version of this mod. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to join us. We have ran CART for years and I know some of the drivers in my league were able to fix the issue you are speaking of while some just had to be more careful with the throttle in the draft. :)

Last edited:
The AI for Fontana Speedway (California Speedway/Auto Club Speedway) from Patrick Giranthon's track pack is pretty good. I can't speak for any other tracks. @Dann Murillo might be able to provide additional insight.

I finally downloaded this mod the other day and absolutely love it. However, I'm running into an issue that I don't see mentioned anywhere: Every AI-driven car leaves the race with a DNF when trying to leave the pits after a pitstop. I tried standing starts in the race settings, too, and every AI car DNFs immediately when the lights turn green. So far I've tested on three AMS default tracks (Buenos Aires 15, Donington GP, Interlagos Outer) with the same result. Is it a clutch/torque issue? I was hoping to run a fictional championship on more international tracks, hence not using the period-correct circuits.

I finally downloaded this mod the other day and absolutely love it. However, I'm running into an issue that I don't see mentioned anywhere: Every AI-driven car leaves the race with a DNF when trying to leave the pits after a pitstop. I tried standing starts in the race settings, too, and every AI car DNFs immediately when the lights turn green. So far I've tested on three AMS default tracks (Buenos Aires 15, Donington GP, Interlagos Outer) with the same result. Is it a clutch/torque issue? I was hoping to run a fictional championship on more international tracks, hence not using the period-correct circuits.
I know this is precisely ZERO help.. But I've had this mod installed and run it since it was released, I have never one encountered that issue. It was developed in part by the Reiza guys so should be 100% fully compatible with the game. I know that doesn't help you, but, just saying! Maybe verify the integrity of the files in Steam?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.