CART 1998 ONLINE

Hello,

I'm trying to do an interest check on here to see if anyone would be interested in running the cart extreme mod online as a league for a whole season starting from Homestead and ending at Fontana as it were in 1998. We'd run one race a month with open practice, qualifying and race on the same day. If anyone is interested in such an idea and would like to be apart and have any input and/or ideas, give me a shout!

It's usually me and 2 other guys on the track during the week, would love to have more people on the track with us.

I would love to be a part of this! :inlove: It's probably what I would most enjoy racing online in any sim, actually. Sadly, I don't currently have a functioning wheel to take part. But, once I have a functioning wheel again and I've practiced enough to be confident enough to not murder everyone all the time :p I'm in, 1000%.

By the way, I should mention – in case people don't know, conversions from rFactor mean that each track from the 1998 CART season is (edit: or can be) available for Automoblista. Some tracks are more correct than others, but they're enough to have fun. :) I've done some preliminary work trying to get the necessary permissions to convert/improve/upload the tracks not currently downloadable from RaceDepartment and edit them so that people could do offline championships with them. Hence my recent Mid Ohio upload here. But some permission requests have gone unanswered, and AI in rFactor don't behave well enough on (esp. short) ovals to have a convincing experience in my opinion. I may do a separate post on this at some point.

Last edited:
I would love to be a part of this! :inlove: It's probably what I would most enjoy racing online in any sim, actually. Sadly, I don't currently have a functioning wheel to take part. But, once I have a functioning wheel again and I've practiced enough to be confident enough to not murder everyone all the time :p I'm in, 1000%.

By the way, I should mention – in case people don't know, conversions from rFactor mean that each track from the 1998 CART season is available for Automoblista. Some tracks are more correct than others, but they're enough to have fun. :) I've done some preliminary work trying to get the necessary permissions to upload the tracks not currently downloadable from RaceDepartment and edit them so that people could do offline championships with them. Hence my recent Mid Ohio upload here. But some permission requests have gone unanswered, and AI in rFactor don't behave well enough on (esp. short) ovals to have a convincing experience in my opinion. I may do a separate post on this at some point.
I actually have a majority of the conversions, done them myself ;) Only ones I don't currently have is Houston and the Motegi oval. I think doing one race a month gives us enough time to do testing as well as take care of real life business. Looking forward to hearing from you, I've made a discord where we can sort of plan a season of sorts.

I actually have a majority of the conversions, done them myself ;)
Nice job! Love the initiative and DIY attitude :thumbsup:

I think doing one race a month gives us enough time to do testing as well as take care of real life business. Looking forward to hearing from you, I've made a discord where we can sort of plan a season of sorts.
Cheers. I agree wholeheartedly, this is a great way to set it up!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back