Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Just search for the Patrick34 F1 2015 Mod rFactor mod in Google...I was using Beta 0.1 to sort my problem. There are a couple of sites hosting this.

I am not sure if I can post the necessary files on here or not...anyone confirm if I can? Not the full mod just the necessary .dds files. It would help a few people out on here :)

Seems that it will be quicker to post you the links...Admins please delete this post if unappropriate...

http://patrickrfactormods.lebonforum.com/t95-released-f1-2015-by-patrick34-beta-v0-2

Other sites (with Italian in the title) are hosting the beta 0.1 as I think the .dds are more compatible (you have to register on site). I will not post a direct link as It may break these forum rules. It is very easy to find with Google especially if you read my posts above...substitute 0.2 with 0.1 in your search!

I would happily post only the actual .dds files you need if an Admin will confirm I can....

What we need to copy over existing files from F1 2015 sync installation?
I have downloaded the file from the link above posted which meant to be a repair for white cars and nothing helped

MysteryHelmet submitted a new resource:

CART 1998 Ferrari - Risi Competizione for the Swift 009c

ferrari_cart_by_ravajava-d8x58hr.jpg

In 1986, Ferrari built the 637. A fully functioning CART Indycar powered by the v8 Turbocharged 034 engine. The car never raced, but we can pretend, can't we?

The car's skin is roughly based on the Ferrari 333 SP run by Risi Competizione in the IMSA GT Championsip in 1998 (don't want to be stepping on Penske's toes now do we?). Driver's are Wayne Taylor and...

Read more about this resource...

My Williams is all white. I see there's an explanation at post 121-122 but could someone give me an 'idiots guide' explanation as I'm not familiar with the file structure etc?

Thanks for any help in advance.

My Williams is all white. I see there's an explanation at post 121-122 but could someone give me an 'idiots guide' explanation as I'm not familiar with the file structure etc?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Firstly a small warning...I fixed mine as described in posts above using the Beta 0.1 of the corresponding rFactor mod. I seem to recall that the structure of the .dds files were different between 0.1 and 0.2. If Angelq has switched to basing on the 0.2 you may get corruption but in that case just follow same steps but use the 0.2 version files! I haven't yet updated so I am unsure at this point.

1. Download Patrick Patrick34 F1 2015 Mod for rFactor (See previous posts and use Google to find it)
2. Extract this file to a temp directory so that we can get to the files we need. This will be found in the Gamedata\Vehicles\F12015PAT_BETA\F12015\Teams\team name\car name folders i.e.

upload_2015-6-14_15-44-52.png

You will need this .dds file for each white car you have so you are looking for Williams, Ferrari (both I seem to recall) and one of the McLaren's.
upload_2015-6-14_15-46-45.png

3. These files will just need copying (no conversions needed) over to your actual GSCE folder with the mod installed into...
upload_2015-6-14_15-48-40.png

and obviously into the relevant team and car folder...
upload_2015-6-14_15-49-57.png

Once you start GSC again...the cars should have their correct livery.

As I said, I have not check the latest update from Angelq but if he is now basing his mod on the rFactor 0.2 beta then the above instructions should still be correct but you take the .dds files out of the right download.

For those of you who were not able to download the 0.1 beta you can download this file and it contains the relevant .dds files. Will also save you downloading the whole rfactor mod :)

https://mega.co.nz/#!iMVQ3CbY!DeSwoRBVgfh_O32Q1DbIMNXzz_EpnK70dpI7B8IOspc

I hope this helps you guys @Steve Bird, @Joel Locsin, @Dux :thumbsup:

I am about to update with the new GSC files so if anything changes above I will update you.

Having just synced my previous install with the latest update from Angelq we still appear to have no Marussia's, and a white Williams. The White McLaren appears to be fixed.

So I would suggest you download the file on Mega I have uploaded and copy the files contained over the top of your installed files using the folder directories in the screen shots I posted above :)

Barney68 - What a stud! You really give a very in-depth and cogent explanation of the process. It is people like you that help make the world of sim racing so enjoyable. Kind of a "Brothers without Borders" thing. On behalf of the community I thank you.

FraPP!!!

Frapp Lee - I should thank you as it was you that gave me the tip in the first place...kudos to you in the first instance. All I have done over the last dozen or so posts is to pass on the help to others when help was requested :)

Marussia's still not fixed in this update though...any luck your side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back