Cars in distance losing body panels

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
Hey guys,

I'm not really up to speed with the ins and Outs of Rfactor 2 so thought I'd ask here.

Cars appear to lose a lot of detail and in some cases bits of bodywork / windows etc the further they get away from me?

Searching the net this appears to be linked to "Auto detail FPS" but this option is no longer available. Any ideas?

Hey guys,

I'm not really up to speed with the ins and Outs of Rfactor 2 so thought I'd ask here.

Cars appear to lose a lot of detail and in some cases bits of bodywork / windows etc the further they get away from me?

Searching the net this appears to be linked to "Auto detail FPS" but this option is no longer available. Any ideas?
That might be one of the items still controlled by the text files. In the Player.json, you can find the following lines:
"Auto Detail Framerate":0,
"Auto Detail Framerate#":"Details and visible vehicles will be automatically reduced (by up to half) if framerate is under this threshold (0 to disable)",
Also in the graphics, increase the opponent detail.

I was testing the new BTCC BMW against a few of the same model and the old BTCC civic. The civic was a lot more noticeable but detail still dropped off the BMW too. Also had this with the URD LMH cars. I'll try upping some of the detail settings and report back, from memory they were already high.

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.11.20 - 15.45.02.76.png

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.11.20 - 15.45.08.77.png

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.11.20 - 15.45.11.13.png

Alpine A480. All there, wing vanishes then whole rear wing and fins vanish. Settings all on full :s

Not 100% sure but in the gen-file of the Alpine there is a lodout of 500 for the rear wing. This means if the car is more than 500 meters away from you, the rear wing will disapear.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back