Carrickatuke Raceway, Ireland

Tracks Carrickatuke Raceway, Ireland 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content

Tomo Pattison

Trailer Park Supervisor
Tomo Pattison submitted a new resource:

Carrickatuke Raceway, Ireland - My first track, designed for hotlapping and small close battles.

~ We would love it if you could check out and Subscribe to our YouTube channel, 427 Motorsports! ~

- Up to 2 AI.

View attachment 439811

View attachment 439812

View attachment 439813

View attachment 439814

View attachment 439816

A fantasy "What if?" situation, Carrickatuke Raceway is a race track imagined in the eyes of 427 Motorsports, in their hometown of Armagh, Ireland. Just over the road from home, this would...

Read more about this resource...

Couple of shots of how it looks in the rain.

20210126-230154-Carrickatuke Raceway, Ireland-Alfa Romeo GTAM.jpg

20210126-230341-Carrickatuke Raceway, Ireland-Alfa Romeo GTAM.jpg

I like the layout!

Tomo Pattison said:
The AI can sometimes clip walls - it may need redone, but it is designed for primarily hotlapping - I will get it sorted. Track map doesn’t work properly either.

Not all walls are solid. All blue and white walls are though. Still learning the KSEditor settings.
Wall clipping can be prevented by creating new side lines for the AI. The AI Line Helper can help you with that.
Eventhough the track is meant as a proving ground for just three people, it would be nice if it would support more AI. 12, 16, or even more.

I added a track map for you (remove the .txt).

As for walls, I can see you have named them 1WALL_something, others SOBJ_something.
Best is to name them all something like SOBJ_n, so without any number in front. Then make a "fake" wall that goes all over the track and split that into sections, much like the ROAD sections. Be sure to have the normals point in the direction of contact.
1611812687038.png

I would agree the asphalt can use a better texture. But the base texture used will probably be fine. Try reading up on materials with detail textures. If that asphalt had a detail texture, it'd be much better already. ksmultilayer_fresnel_nm shader for instance.

Attachments

• 427_Test_Facilities.7z.txt
    100.4 KB · Views: 55

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back