Carmen Jordá becomes Lotus F1 Team development driver

But making a woman a test driver just because she is a woman is sexist.
Noooooo, you got it all wrong.
Firing/not hiring a woman because she's a woman is sexism.
Hiring a woman because she's a woman is called "equalization of opportunity".
And the brilliant thing is: it's the exact opposite in case of men. Ahhh, the genius of SJW logic :roflmao:

She would be perfect as a grid girl:
foto3.jpg

Not as a development driver though

If you ask me it is sexist but then the other way around, she probably got selected for the publicity of having a female driver in the team, not because of those amazing results

Choosing her is not sexist (in the same way that choosing a shitty male driver is not sexist against women). What lotus did is to sacrifice a good test driver for a PR stunt (and probably some money)... it happened a million times in F1, maybe not as obviously as this one.

This ^^ is sexist, as are all the "marry me" and other posts that judge a woman for her looks and not for how shitty driver she is.

Being a female myself I thought I'd chime in.
I am not familiar with Carmen nor her track record but if those results Darren mentioned are common for her well then I have to agree with Ricardo.
"If you ask me it is sexist but then the other way around, she probably got selected for the publicity of having a female driver in the team, not because of those amazing results"

This is a bit of a gray area to me - for lack of a better expression. On one hand I would love to see more women have a shot at F1, however, I don't want to see women who truly don't deserve the seat get it, no matter how much publicity it draws to the sport I love.

Personally I would have liked to see Simona get a shot, as I would love to see what she's capable of and I really like her character. Is she better than any of the other present F1 drivers? I don't know but we would be naive to think only the best get a seat as too much money is involved and teams have chosen drivers for the size of their "purse" before.

So... I'd love to see a woman driver in F1 that isn't known for being a woman but rather a great driver.
Bailey

And ^^ this is common sense, or at least my own personal common sense (if common sense can be personal :cautious:)

Choosing her is not sexist (in the same way that choosing a shitty male driver is not sexist against women). What lotus did is to sacrifice a good test driver for a PR stunt (and probably some money)... it happened a million times in F1, maybe not as obviously as this one.

This ^^ is sexist, as are all the "marry me" and other posts that judge a woman for her looks and not for how shitty driver she is.

And ^^ this is common sense, or at least my own personal common sense (if common sense can be personal :cautious:)

I'm offended that you think I'm sexist! I mean, how dare I look at a picture of a pretty woman :roflmao:

I don't think that these are sexist comments. If a guy like Ryan Cullen (I remember him because he was Tio Ellinas's teammate) I would make similar comments. Of course he wouldn't be the perfect grid girl but a good boy to bring water bottles to the drivers and mechanics :p

Based on performance they would have had to choose Alice Powell who didnt do that well in GP3 either, but she won the Formula Renault BARC championship and the Asian Formula Renault series last year, but I guess she is lacking the money or the looks.
She wasnt the best in GP3, but won two championships and finished runner up in the past 4 years. Jordas best ever season was in 2007 finishing 4th still not great and ages ago.
Even if they wanted a woman they have choosen the wrong one.

Based on performance they would have had to choose Alice Powell who didnt do that well in GP3 either, but she won the Formula Renault BARC championship and the Asian Formula Renault series last year, but I guess she is lacking the money or the looks.
She wasnt the best in GP3, but won two championships and finished runner up in the past 4 years. Jordas best ever season was in 2007 finishing 4th still not great and ages ago.
Even if they wanted a woman they have choosen the wrong one.
If they needed a woman (I don't think so) the best option is Simona de Silvestro. I wonder if she still has a contract with Sauber. Another good choice is Beitske Visser, a former Red Bull Academy member, although she needs 1-2 years to grow up more in racing and get some experience.

What were they thinking!
What a stupid stunt.

And in other news......
Silvio Berlusconi revealed as mystery share holder in Lotus Consortium.

Well, let's be honest, we know that F1 seats can be bought, and we know that marketing and publicity means money, but the most important point in all this is, if any driver's standard is too low, then they are nothing but an out an out life threatening danger to anyone else on the track.

I hope Lotus or any other team would think twice before putting other drivers lives in danger by allowing any sub standard driver out on track.

But before that, I hope the FIA are fastidious and proper, in their issuing of super-licences.

Well, let's be honest, we know that F1 seats can be bought, and we know that marketing and publicity means money, but the most important point in all this is, if any driver's standard is too low, then they are nothing but an out an out life threatening danger to anyone else on the track.

I hope Lotus or any other team would think twice before putting other drivers lives in danger by allowing any sub standard driver out on track.

But before that, I hope the FIA are fastidious and proper, in their issuing of super-licences.
Jorda can't get a Super License and it will get even tougher next year.

Although she's easy on the eye, I think it's a joke she's being signed up.
She will never get her super license and she's in the way of someone who would actually deserve the opportunity and stand a chance of driving the damn car!

It's not right that teams sign up female drivers just to get some easy cash!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back