F1 2010 Career Progress.

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I just restarted My Career after the Patch and had a absolut blast, It really got me interested in the game again. So I thought it might be fun to see how every one is doing in the career and track your progress

Season: 1 Team: Lotus Best Qualifying: 1st Best Finnish: 5th

Race
SAKHIR: Qualified: 24th Finished: 19th
MELBOURNE: Qualified: 6th Finished: 17th
KUALA LUMPUR: Qualified: 16th Finished: DNF
SHANGHAI: Qualified: 16th Finished: 19th
CARALUNYA: Qualified: 17th Finished: 20th
MONTE CARLO: Qualified: 19th Finished: DNF
ISTANBUL: Qualified: 13th Finished: 5th
MONTREAL: Qualified: 1st Finished: 11th
VANENCIA: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
SILVERSTONE: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
HOCKENHEIM: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
BUDAPEST: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
SPA: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
MONZA: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
MARINA BAY: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
SUZUKA: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
YEONGAM: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
SAO PAULO: Qualified: NA Finished: NA
YAS MARINA: Qualified: NA Finished: NA

O.K. I did the Montreal practice on the far right engineers setup and ended up 19th and 6/10 faster than Bruno( my team mate ). I haven't qualified yet but judging from what you guys are saying I should back off the settings for the race. I think this makes sense, because I have a heavier car I'll require more grip in the front. Having said that , shouldn't my car get better as the race goes on and the track gets rubbered in? I'm doing 50% race distance and I notice that Bruno stops a lot earlier than I do. I don't know if he stops twice or just has a long second stint. My engineer has the strategy of a loner first stint and the using option tires. I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better doing a longer first stint with the option and then using the prime for the rest of the race.What do you think?

It's better to use option tyres from start, you need to overtake as much cars as possible in first few laps. Because afterwards, they magically stay few seconds ahead of you for rest of the race, it doesn't matter how fast you are.

Agreed with ozzie8, I also drop the first stop by one lap just as well so my tyres are warmed up as they come out from their stop's and makes control a little better I feel. I started doing this as avoiding pit exit's and back marker's was a dangerous affair with cold tyre's :D

Depending on what setup I use, normally ramons/brams determines when my first stop is made, its roughly around 4-5th lap...It reduces the probability of being held up by other cars passing, I used to get held up by 9 secs because of it.

My stops are options, primes, options.

It works wonders, youll see why in a thread im just about to post :D

I'm doing 50% race distance

I have only ever done 100% race distances, but I am guessing the folks doing the shorter race distances will notice things like tire degradation to be more prevalent after each lap. In my 100% length races I do notice the wear on my tires, but it is a slow process and I have plenty of time to adjust my driving (ie: move my braking points a little further back and watch my acceleration coming out of the corners). Setup is important. A good setup and smooth driving will result in slower tire wear. Of course where this game fails (even though I have fun with it) is that the tire wear or tire type does not appear to effect the AI drivers. Tire sim only appears to effect the human driver in this game.

One of the problems I found in races at 50% or below, is that if you start in options the first stint is too short and you can't get enough gap with the cars behind you, so in most of the cases you lost too much positions in your pit stop and get back to the track behind a lot of slower cars, who usually are on primes and won't pit in several laps.
Depending of the track this situation can be more or less difficult to deal.

If my rhythm is fine and I'm in Q3 I go for the options, but If I fall in Q1 or Q2 the primes sounds like a better idea, even more if the race begin in dry conditions but there is some rain probabilities.

One of the problems I found in races at 50% or below, is that if you start in options the first stint is too short and you can't get enough gap with the cars behind you, so in most of the cases you lost too much positions in your pit stop and get back to the track behind a lot of slower cars, who usually are on primes and won't pit in several laps.
Depending of the track this situation can be more or less difficult to deal.

If my rhythm is fine and I'm in Q3 I go for the options, but If I fall in Q1 or Q2 the primes sounds like a better idea, even more if the race begin in dry conditions but there is some rain probabilities.

That would only be a problem if the ai were fast enough, none of the current mods make them fast enough.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back