F1 2013 Career decision coming up, would like some input!

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, all!

First of all, let me point out that i'm no hardcore F1-gamer that has been around since 2010 or even before that. I stumbled upon F1 (real and game) 2 months ago. Ofcourse i knew who Schumi is and i had slotcars (Tyco) when i was a kid, but thats about it. So easy on me :D

Now here's the deal:

I'm on first season (2nd profile). I'm now driving on hard, with professional AI. I selected Toro Rosso as my first team, after finishing the YDT. I did unlock 5 or seven teams (all of them), but decided to go with Toro Rosso because i wanted a long run to the top, and no i didn't want to start with Marussia or Caterham.

So off i go! I go race 1-10 with STR and only manage 2pts (average finishing pos about 16th). I beginning to think that this wasn't so funny after my last race in Hungary. Well, wasn't I a happy lad when i found a contract offer from Sauber in the mail! I've liked Sauber fairly much since my interrest started 2-3 months ago. So, off i go with Sauber!

At SPA i get 7th place, and at Monza i get my first win! Holy crap :D Now i'm keeping myself in the top 10 for most time.

Anyway, more contracts dropped in over the next few races:

Marussia & Caterham - wanted me as no1-driver. But nah.....I don't want to lower myself....
Williams - wanted me as a 2nd driver. Well, i started my first career on my old profile with Williams. Fairly good car I would say.
Sauber - Now, Sauber sent me an offer to renew my contract after my last race (India).

My level at the moment is between 5-6, if i remember correctly. The higher the level, the better teams offer contracts, am i right?

Do I dare wait for perhaps Lotus? What teams could pop up during my final 3 races? My big concern is that during my first season (on my first profile) i played on medium and was constantly winning, so after a while i got a deal from Ferrari. The lady in the mail (Sabine or whatever her name is) told me to think about it and get back to her. So i continued with Red Bull for one more race and when i get back to the mail, I see that Ferrari has withdrawn their offer!? Why does she tell me to take it easy and think about it and next thing contract withdrawn....

Would appreciate some advice on this!

Thanks!

To make it harder (if you are finding it too easy and it sounds like you are) always drive in normal cockpit view, never use silly flashbacks and run at least 50%-100% races. I also use the realistic damage mod to make it even more realistic. If I crash, then I crash and just as in real Grand Prix the race is over. That's how I do my seasons. I drove for Sauber for 1 year then Lotus for two. Now with Ferrari. Love it.

To make it harder (if you are finding it too easy and it sounds like you are) always drive in normal cockpit view, never use silly flashbacks and run at least 50%-100% races. I also use the realistic damage mod to make it even more realistic. If I crash, then I crash and just as in real Grand Prix the race is over. That's how I do my seasons. I drove for Sauber for 1 year then Lotus for two. Now with Ferrari. Love it.

Thank you for your input! Sounds like a good thing! Only thing i can't do is more laps. 25% is all i got time for, got the missis and 2 kids to take care off aswell ;)

Thank you for your input! Sounds like a good thing! Only thing i can't do is more laps. 25% is all i got time for, got the missis and 2 kids to take care off aswell ;)

I know that feeling. I do 25% races with as much realism as I can. No silly flashbacks, cockpit view only etc. That way I have some great races and they are a challenge too. Good luck my friend.

not much of a hardcore f1 fan, so driving on easy. 10 races into season 1 and an offer from ferrari. With lotus right now. Question, i do keep my championship points right? and if so does that mean i can also win the constructors with ferrari, since i feel i am getting all the points for lotus?

I am actually having fun and can see myself becoming 1st driver soon. (currently equal status) and also do the upgrades stay for season 2? if still in same team?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back