Car Pictures

De Dion Bouton 8 HP
This car was built from 1911 to 1914

25014245-2-28.jpg

1909 Alco "Bete Noir", twice Vanderbilt Cup winner, last competed in the first Indy 500, 1911 (yes, the same Alco that manufactures locomotives)
Car weighs 3300lbs, powered by 11L (680ci) straight six engine of 100hp, redline 1400rpm, chain drive, top speed around 120mph (current owner says driving it at 35mph is "scary")
bete noir 3.jpg

bete noir 2.jpg

1909_Alco.jpg

First new car I ever bought, late 1978 ('79 911 Turbo 3.3)

View attachment 556313

Because my employer didn't deem this appropriate for a new VP ('70 Torino Cobra 429CJ)

View attachment 556314
You where very lucky. I am a big fan of the 911 and I wish I could afford one, I don't care if is a classic or a brand new model, let's see if I win the lottery some day...

The Torino Cobra is also beautifull , another classic car to own specially in Europe because these cars aren't common :)

Trim is a bit rough on this one, I was learning to use BareMetal foil

View attachment 557221

View attachment 557222View attachment 557223
Very clean build that blends FoMoCo's '60s youth culture marketing initiatives: Total Performance, Custom Car Caravan, and the U.S. international racing colors evoke the Ford Drag Racing Team and G.T. 350R successes. The 6x9 speakers on the rear package shelf, however, belong to the late '70s/early '80s.

Exterior and interior two-toning and striping make this Galaxie XL 7.0 Litre stand out as does judicious use of custom parts--head rests, sleek cast sidepipes, CIBIE/Marchal driving lights, ala Shelby, and teardrop hood scoop. I also noticed the "Save Calley" bumper sticker--is there a story to go with?

.... The 6x9 speakers on the rear package shelf, however, belong to the late '70s/early '80s.

..... I also noticed the "Save Calley" bumper sticker--is there a story to go with?

6x9 speakers were quite common in the late sixties, I installed many; by the mid seventies the trend was 5" or 6" speakers in the doors (thankfully I was doing few installs then).

Lt. William Calley was court martialed for killing Vietnamese civilians in 1969; his defence was that he was following orders to wipe out that village. Many people, while deploring what he did, believed his superiors should have been the ones on trial. "Save Calley" bumper stickers sprang up around the country ca. 1971.

DMC DeLorean, in Retroclasica Bilbao 2021.
This car became popular thanks to Back to the Future
Sadly these cars never lived up to their promise or potential. Underpowered, poor handling, horrendous quality control issues, and costing near as much as a Porsche Turbo, meant they were more of a fad for the brief time the company was in business. Other than the handful of gold plated ones there's scarcely any collector interest, unusual for such a famous, or infamous, car.

Outside of the movie reference perhaps this is the most famous Delorean -

(Carson had invested heavily in the company, a source of much self-deprecating humor for several years on the Tonight Show.)

XJ220; in my opinion one of the best looking "supercars" ever made. Unfortunately many prospective buyers were put off by Jaguar's decision to go with a twin turbo V6 (which wasn't even a Jag engine) instead of the street legal version of their competition V-12; the latter could not easily be manufactured to meet emissions requirements, and the V6 made a smaller, lighter, car. But still.....

Jag xj220.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea