Car Pictures

Vanwall F1
Vanwall_VW5_Aintree_1957.jpg

1988 Olds Indy 500 pace car convertible. Fifty were produced by a GM subcontractor, all appeared at Indy; afterwards they were distributed to the first dealers who requested one. They had all available options, including a HUD. Then, due to some issue with federal certification, all were recalled by GM, slated for destruction. A few dealers ignored the recall so ten of these cars still exist; this is the one that actually led the pace lap for the race, driven by Chuck Yeager (it has less than 1000 miles on it).

88_olds_indy_pace_car.jpg

Last edited:
Spitfire Mk1s and Mk2s still actively racing, so much fun for so little money. They were in production for 18 years; a new Mk2 was $2000 in 1966, today, depending on year and condition, they bring $10k-$25k. I bought a '66 in early '76, new roof, tires, brakes, and clutch, for the princely sum of $900 ...loved that car.

RichardBrown-64_Triumph-Spitfire-AA.jpg

65_spit_sebring_2001.jpg

65_spit_beth_philion.jpg

63-Triumph_Spitfire-DV-08-MO-01.jpg

@jgf Timely news as I stumbled across your browsing:

"Le Marginal" 1967 Ford Mustang goes up for auction | Hemmings

Not finished like a high dollar pro touring build today but very cool for its time. Also neat to learn about the reverance for Steve McQueen and "Bullitt".
1967 Mustang from the 1983 French film "Le Marginal". Recently auctioned for around $200k.
View attachment 632941
View attachment 632942
@jgf Timely news as I stumbled across your "browsing history":

Definitely not finished like a high dollar pro touring build today, but great stance and rolling stock for its time. I really like the taillight treatment. Also cool to learn about the reverance for Steve McQueen and "Bullitt".

Reactions: jgf
I'd never heard of that movie but recently read a reference to that car, a bit of searching turned up that article but nothing else. No idea of engine, transmission, anything. By today's standards those rear tires are overblown, makes it look like a pro stock dragster; but the body treatment is nice.

I also did not know about this movie or the car; thank you for sharing!

I agree the protruding rear tires look ridiculous. Reading the article closer and watching the film clip, the post-filming owner added larger wheel flares and different wheels--they should have removed those hideous scoop appendages on the front fenders.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back