Can't get custom BMW_M6_GT3_2018 skins to show in the game

Been downloading some custom skins for all of the GT3 cars and so far they have all worked except for the BMW GT3 skins. I've copied the folders to the ...\player\Settings folder like I did for the other cars, but when I go into the game to pick one of the skins, it's not in the list. It does this for all the BMW skins i've tried not just one of them.

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Been downloading some custom skins for all of the GT3 cars and so far they have all worked except for the BMW GT3 skins. I've copied the folders to the ...\player\Settings folder like I did for the other cars, but when I go into the game to pick one of the skins, it's not in the list. It does this for all the BMW skins i've tried not just one of them.

Your rcd files probably need editing, here's a copy of one of my rcd files. All my skins work ok.

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2016 ]] [[ ]]
GT3 (Change to this if not the same as this)
{
Nicky_Catsburg
{
Team = Team BMW CATL
Component = BMW_M6_GT3_2018 (Change to this if not the same as this)
Skin = altBMW_CATL_43.dds
VehFile = M6ALT4DD0BDBD.VEH (Change to this if not the same as this)
Description = Team BMW Catl - Nicky_Catsburg
Aggression = 51.56
Speed = 91.67
QualifySpeed = 86.98
WetSpeed = 94.79
StartSkill = 89.06
Crash = 4.69
CompletedLaps = 89.58
MinRacingSkill = 90.10
Composure = 82.29
}
}
It's usually one of these lines which stops skins working and also drivers name if that name is used some where else in another mod. Hope this may be of help to you

Your rcd files probably need editing, here's a copy of one of my rcd files. All my skins work ok.

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2016 ]] [[ ]]
GT3 (Change to this if not the same as this)
{
Nicky_Catsburg
{
Team = Team BMW CATL
Component = BMW_M6_GT3_2018 (Change to this if not the same as this)
Skin = altBMW_CATL_43.dds
VehFile = M6ALT4DD0BDBD.VEH (Change to this if not the same as this)
Description = Team BMW Catl - Nicky_Catsburg
Aggression = 51.56
Speed = 91.67
QualifySpeed = 86.98
WetSpeed = 94.79
StartSkill = 89.06
Crash = 4.69
CompletedLaps = 89.58
MinRacingSkill = 90.10
Composure = 82.29
}
}
It's usually one of these lines which stops skins working and also drivers name if that name is used some where else in another mod. Hope this may be of help to you

Turns out VehFile line is not correct. I changed it and everything is working now. Thanks for that info. Is there a list anywhere of the correct VehFile entries for the other GT3 Pack and GT3 Challenger pack cars in case I run into this problem again. Right now, that's all i'm using while I learn the game and how to setup everything. It's a lot more work to get things setup in rF2 than it is in AC, but i'm having a blast driving the cars right now so it's worth the effort. I will do a Google search, so I may find the answer myself before you read this.

Thanks again for the help...

Turns out VehFile line is not correct. I changed it and everything is working now. Thanks for that info. Is there a list anywhere of the correct VehFile entries for the other GT3 Pack and GT3 Challenger pack cars in case I run into this problem again. Right now, that's all i'm using while I learn the game and how to setup everything. It's a lot more work to get things setup in rF2 than it is in AC, but i'm having a blast driving the cars right now so it's worth the effort. I will do a Google search, so I may find the answer myself before you read this.

Thanks again for the help...

I am afraid there is no list for VehFile entries.
To get the correct entry, go to the showroom by clicking tuning for the car and then click create dir. This will create a folder for the car in the player settings folder, open this folder and there will be folder and the name of this folder will be the VehFile name to use in the rcd files for skins for that car. Hope this is understandable to you and is of help.

I would advise you not to install any skin packs and only install individual skins. Skin packs cause problems when the car mod is updated, it usually will not install correctly. Using individual skins the car update will install correctly but the skins may not work but it's only the rcd file that needs to edited and you can do that yourself. Where as with skin packs the author of the pack needs to update the pack and that does not always happen. Iv'e had problems with skin packs in the past so I will never install a skin pack again. Iv'e never had any problems with car updates since. Some people will probably disagree with this, it just eliminates future car update problems.

To get the correct entry, go to the showroom by clicking tuning for the car and then click create dir. This will create a folder for the car in the player settings folder, open this folder and there will be folder and the name of this folder will be the VehFile name to use in the rcd files for skins for that car. Hope this is understandable to you and is of help.

That's perfect. I will do this and then create myself a little text file with all the correct names for the cars I currently have. That way when I get a new skin, if it doesn't work I can quickly fix it.

Thanks for the advice on the skin packs. I did download a VLN one from the workshop since I was having issues with individual skins. Guess I will try to find each skin individually and then remove the pack once I do. I couldn't find many skins here on RD unless I just am not using the correct search criteria. Thought there would be a lot more.

Thanks again for all the help..

unable f\to find these options. has the options changed with the new menu in 2023 ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back