Can there be an ap for a double yellow flag in AC?

I was just reading the Information & Entry thread (HERE) for the RF2 race down at Bathurst and was pretty set back reading all of the instructions for a full course yellow. It looked pretty complicated to me, but currently there is just no other way.

I wonder if there could be an ap created for Assetto Corsa which would allow the person controlling the server to turn on and off a double yellow flag or maybe a row of yellow lights that would appear on all of the drivers' screens.

It seems such a simple thing ... but probably prevented by something inside AC's innards ... or copyright.

Obviously ... this would only be used in on-line racing, and only when there is a person controlling the server. If something like this could be created, I think it might be a simple way to allow rolling starts for AC and maybe even permit the use of a pace car.

Last edited:
Ted, the link in your thread, points to an event running on Saturday 11th, using RF2 ?

Whoops ... got me!

I corrected my error ... but this doesn't change my premise.

I think a double yellow flag switched on/off by the server's operator could/would be a useful function for AC ... if only to allow rolling starts.

Thanks for the catch.;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back