Camera tilt in cockpit view

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Jebus, Mar 1, 2016.

1. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +559
    With all due respect, you didn't discover anything new, it was like that since rFactor.
    Actually, maybe even before... since at least F1 series by EA sports. If I'm not very much mistaken. :)
    I should know, I do more cam editing then driving itself. Shame on me, I know.
    What's freecam? Google doesn't know, either. :O_o:
    I ALWAYS edit cams manually and, since I do that for at least 10-12 years now, some (ANY actually) help would be more than useful.

2. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +768
    Where did I say I discovered something new? And yeah I get it, you're one badass cam editor.:rolleyes:

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +258
    Maybe you can help me too. Which values change the position of the dashboard left vs right ?
    In the Renault Clio e.g. the steering wheel axle is a few cm too much to the right side.
    If I change the second option in the Orientation Offset, the camera tilts, but that is not what I have in mind. I want the dash move to the left... thanks.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +258
    Never mind, found it:
    changed the cam file to: PositionOffset=(-0.030000, 0.0, 0.220000), which did the trick.

• Love Love x 1
  5. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Would still like to see an in car/on the fly tilt control. I know we can manually edit car cockpit in, or use free look with keys etc, but any bump of the mouse and the cam can point anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. philm

philm

Ratings:
    +42
    Hello, still no solution for a precise tilt adjustment? and no limit position settings?
    Thank you

Big error : i thought it was rfactor2 ... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  7. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Unfortunately not.

8. RacingManiacGT1

RacingManiacGT1

Ratings:
    +27
    There are some new button mappings available recently(I haven't played in a while so recent is from comparing to maybe a while ago?), there are Cockpit Perspective Shift Up/Down/Left/Right/Reset for the button mapping. I mapped the up and down and it seems to allow for tilt in cockpit view. However anytime I enter replay camera mid run and it comes back to some screwed up position...

9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +258
    In AMS ?
    Raceroom added them recently, but they don't work when using triples (though one guy seems to have no issues).

10. RacingManiacGT1

RacingManiacGT1

Ratings:
    +27
    oh **** I replied to the wrong thread...lol

• Haha Haha x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.