Camera tilt in cockpit view

Is there a way to tilt camera up/down in cockpit view? Editing orientationoffset in default.cam or individual car.cam doesn't seem to have effect. I'm used to use it in AC and really missing it in AMS.

Thanks in advance.

Edit.
Here's how to:
In each cars' folder (in gamedata/vehicles) is located .cam file. Open it with text editor (for example notepad) and find the column "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and edit the line "OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.000000, 0.000000). The first value is to pitch the camera upwards (positive values) and downwards (negative values).

Last edited:
Is there a way to tilt camera up/down in cockpit view? Editing orientationoffset in default.cam or individual car.cam doesn't seem to have effect. I'm used to use it in AC and really missing it in AMS.
Thanks in advance.
Edit.
Here's how to: In each cars' folder (in gamedata/vehicles) is located .cam file. Open it with text editor (for example notepad) and find the column "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and edit the line "OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.000000, 0.000000). The first value is to pitch the camera upwards (positive values) and downwards (negative values).
With all due respect, you didn't discover anything new, it was like that since rFactor.
Actually, maybe even before... since at least F1 series by EA sports. If I'm not very much mistaken. :)
I should know, I do more cam editing then driving itself. Shame on me, I know.
I'm simply using freecam and adjust the view by pressing slow cam and Up and down plus tilt cam up and down, doing that since the early rf1 days, working just fine.
greetings Mikk
What's freecam? Google doesn't know, either. :O_o:
I ALWAYS edit cams manually and, since I do that for at least 10-12 years now, some (ANY actually) help would be more than useful.

With all due respect, you didn't discover anything new, it was like that since rFactor.
Actually, maybe even before... since at least F1 series by EA sports. If I'm not very much mistaken. :)
I should know, I do more cam editing then driving itself. Shame on me, I know.

What's freecam? Google doesn't know, either. :O_o:
I ALWAYS edit cams manually and, since I do that for at least 10-12 years now, some (ANY actually) help would be more than useful.

Where did I say I discovered something new? And yeah I get it, you're one badass cam editor.:rolleyes:

Okay, I investigated a bit into this.
Maybe you can help me too. Which values change the position of the dashboard left vs right ?
In the Renault Clio e.g. the steering wheel axle is a few cm too much to the right side.
If I change the second option in the Orientation Offset, the camera tilts, but that is not what I have in mind. I want the dash move to the left... thanks.

Last edited:
Maybe you can help me too. Which values change the position of the dashboard left vs right ?
In the Renault Clio e.g. the steering wheel axle is a few cm too much to the right side.
If I change the second option in the Orientation Offset, the camera tilts, but that is not what I have in mind. I want the dash move to the left... thanks.
Never mind, found it:
changed the cam file to: PositionOffset=(-0.030000, 0.0, 0.220000), which did the trick.

There are some new button mappings available recently(I haven't played in a while so recent is from comparing to maybe a while ago?), there are Cockpit Perspective Shift Up/Down/Left/Right/Reset for the button mapping. I mapped the up and down and it seems to allow for tilt in cockpit view. However anytime I enter replay camera mid run and it comes back to some screwed up position...

There are some new button mappings available recently(I haven't played in a while so recent is from comparing to maybe a while ago?), there are Cockpit Perspective Shift Up/Down/Left/Right/Reset for the button mapping. I mapped the up and down and it seems to allow for tilt in cockpit view. However anytime I enter replay camera mid run and it comes back to some screwed up position...
In AMS ?
Raceroom added them recently, but they don't work when using triples (though one guy seems to have no issues).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%