Buying advice please - Next Level v3 Motion Platform

I'm looking for some advice and thoughts of other owners or people with good knowledge of the product, please.

I always said I'd buy myself a motion simulator if I could afford one and had the room available. Well, that day may have arrived. I'm impressed by what I've seen of the Next Level v3 Motion Platform

This seems to meet all my criteria:

+ Limited space requirements, I don't have room for a huge sim rig but this seems compact enough to work.
+ Works with Oculus Rift VR, that fixed head position setting solution is impressive
+ Great support and regular updates from the developers
+ Available in the UK
+ Works with my current Thrustmaster wheel and accessories.
+ Sub £3k for the full setup, I'm not a pro racer I'm not looking for a practice simulator this is just for fun so the cost/fun balance has to be right.

So help me do the man maths! Is it worth it?

Is there another similar product I should also look at? It would need to be reasonably compact, work with VR, available in the UK without too much hassle and in the same £3-5K price range.

Is there anywhere I can try one or even better several of the systems in the UK?

I checked the schematics when I was building but really the photo's on the product page are probably more of a help. From what I could see it's just a couple of drawings with measurements that didn't really look that easy to follow. I basically separated all the pieces that I knew could only be for one part, and as I went on I had less and less to assign to parts that weren't yet put together.

It does look super clean, mine is nearly done and I am updating my build log now. What happened with your pedals in the end? I am due to receive my HE Pro's tomorrow so as soon as they are here I can mount them and actually feel what it's like with all this new kit!

Edit: Just read up a few posts. I must have not received updates for the thread in my feed. Looks like I've missed a fair bit....

Upvote 0
Quick shot of my rear speaker mounting solution.

hDqonJh.jpg

And with the cables tidied I’m very happy with the result.

7v9RKG1.jpg

Upvote 0
Did you order additional profile for that speaker mount at the rear? If I am not mistaken that's the same chassis as mine, but I had ZERO left over profile. I am getting a few spares sent out with the missing stuff, and since I no longer need to replace the triple monitor stand portion of the profile I used on the seat mount, I will have even more. Although, I'd rather not cut or alter these as I may need them intact for future usage. I'll leave these ones alone and if I can use them as a complete length (520mm I think it is) then I will.

Looking super clean, just like a lot of cockpits being built recently. It's great to see everyone following along and bouncing ideas off of each other. Thoroughly enjoyed my build bar the slight frustration but now that it's all sorted I am super looking forward today to going for a spin once my pedals arrive :)

Upvote 0
Did you order additional profile for that speaker mount at the rear? If I am not mistaken that's the same chassis as mine, but I had ZERO left over profile. I am getting a few spares sent out with the missing stuff, and since I no longer need to replace the triple monitor stand portion of the profile I used on the seat mount, I will have even more. Although, I'd rather not cut or alter these as I may need them intact for future usage. I'll leave these ones alone and if I can use them as a complete length (520mm I think it is) then I will.

Looking super clean, just like a lot of cockpits being built recently. It's great to see everyone following along and bouncing ideas off of each other. Thoroughly enjoyed my build bar the slight frustration but now that it's all sorted I am super looking forward today to going for a spin once my pedals arrive :)
I already had a triple monitor mount that I ordered a couple of years ago. The two uprights are the small side arms from the triple monitor mount and the cross member is a foot from the triple monitor mount.

Upvote 0
From a practical standpoint I can’t see what they could add to the existing offerings of the V3, without changing the complete form factor.

More range of motion is not needed, speed is also not a factor (they recently doubled the speed over the V1/V2 right?). I can’t see how they could add rear traction loss without changing the form factor? What need is there for a V4 then? Maybe a completely different solution?

My hunch is rather that they felt the need to adjust the price in light of the competition.

Upvote 0
From a practical standpoint I can’t see what they could add to the existing offerings of the V3, without changing the complete form factor.

More range of motion is not needed, speed is also not a factor (they recently doubled the speed over the V1/V2 right?). I can’t see how they could add rear traction loss without changing the form factor? What need is there for a V4 then? Maybe a completely different solution?

My hunch is rather that they felt the need to adjust the price in light of the competition.
Perhaps a more versatile seat mounting solution/rig mounting solution? This one seems quite strict with its mounting pattern, so it'd be nice if they made the entire thing more universal.

Upvote 0
Perhaps a more versatile seat mounting solution/rig mounting solution? This one seems quite strict with its mounting pattern, so it'd be nice if they made the entire thing more universal.

True, it could use a universal mounting hole pattern, for the seat. But to make a V4 for that and sell the V3 for 700 less is an interesting business proposition.

Upvote 0
A bunch of KTM Xbows and Silverstone 1988 is a rather splendid combo with the NLV3, as my fifty laps and wide smile will attest.

The V4 rumours were pure speculation on my part based on recent price drops and Amazon's lack of stock, by the way.

Upvote 0
It seems RRP has dropped everywhere to £2300 and then OCUK still have the £200 discount they had before. On the official pagnian site though it’s still £2500?

Where is this v4 news coming from?
There are flight sim sites still selling it for £2,800.

Edit: Amazon have it for £2,080 now but are still OOS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A bunch of KTM Xbows and Silverstone 1988 is a rather splendid combo with the NLV3, as my fifty laps and wide smile will attest.

The V4 rumours were pure speculation on my part based on recent price drops and Amazon's lack of stock, by the way.

Are you having fun? :D :D Does it improve the immersion of VR a lot? Did you find your optimal settings yet?

Upvote 0
Are you having fun? :D :D Does it improve the immersion of VR a lot? Did you find your optimal settings yet?
I'm having a LOT of fun..!
It improves the immersion in VR tremendously - I wouldn't want to drive without it now.
I haven't really tweaked my settings from the ones I posted a while ago, but I think I can probably increase the overall gain a little now that I'm more used to the movement. I'm looking forward to hearing how @AntoN_CheZ alters his settings (if at all) now that he's got a rock-solid cockpit.

Upvote 0
I'm having a LOT of fun..!
It improves the immersion in VR tremendously - I wouldn't want to drive without it now.
I haven't really tweaked my settings from the ones I posted a while ago, but I think I can probably increase the overall gain a little now that I'm more used to the movement. I'm looking forward to hearing how @AntoN_CheZ alters his settings (if at all) now that he's got a rock-solid cockpit.
I hadn't really messed with my settings that much, just dropped gain to about a half with my old rig but have found that with the GT1 being so solid and stiff that I've had to drop it even more as the movements feel so much more pronounced.

Upvote 0
I hadn't really messed with my settings that much, just dropped gain to about a half with my old rig but have found that with the GT1 being so solid and stiff that I've had to drop it even more as the movements feel so much more pronounced.
All of which will probably be decreasing wear & tear on the motors while simultaneously reducing your electricity bill. The GT1 will be paying for itself over time..! :p

Upvote 0
Hi. I'm new to the sim game and doing my research. Is there a reason why many people are choosing the NLR V3 over something like the Prosimu? From my few weeks of intense research, it would seem that the Prosimu can be upgraded over time and the full rig movement would better simulate what I experience in cars when driving hard.

I'm going to do a baby build with Rift in the next few weeks, get my feet wet and make sure I'm enjoying the experience. Then I'll go "bigly" on a full on rig next year with direct drive wheel, HE pedals and motion rig with rear traction loss. I don't have time for trackdays and such with life responsibilities so looking to simulate as close as possible and keep the skills sharp for when I can track again down the road.

I've already learned a ton from this site and I hope my questions aren't too repetitive.

Upvote 0
Hi. I'm new to the sim game and doing my research. Is there a reason why many people are choosing the NLR V3 over something like the Prosimu? From my few weeks of intense research, it would seem that the Prosimu can be upgraded over time and the full rig movement would better simulate what I experience in cars when driving hard.

I'm going to do a baby build with Rift in the next few weeks, get my feet wet and make sure I'm enjoying the experience. Then I'll go "bigly" on a full on rig next year with direct drive wheel, HE pedals and motion rig with rear traction loss. I don't have time for trackdays and such with life responsibilities so looking to simulate as close as possible and keep the skills sharp for when I can track again down the road.

I've already learned a ton from this site and I hope my questions aren't too repetitive.
Welcome, @RobertR1. Enjoy your stay down this deep dark rabbit hole we call sim racing... :p

I'm sure others will have their own reasons, but some of mine were:
At this level of investment and component spec, a seat mover is reportedly the best option for speed and response (no heavy wheel and pedals and chassis to move).
Again at this level of investment and componentry, seat movers arguably provide a more convincing experience than full cockpit movers.
Prosimu (and DoF Reality) cockpits didn't fill me with confidence that they would handle a DD wheel and load cell pedals without flexing.
Building an 8020 cockpit offers full future flexibility to upgrade however you want, motion or no motion, and the P1 can eat a D-box system for breakfast.
Traction loss at the low end of the market apparently comes with its own downsides (DoF reality and their disintegrating wardrobe wheels, general 'jerky' action on what should be a soft acceleration/deceleration). Reports that phantom traction loss can still be felt in the NLV3 (it's true..!).
Compact form of the NLV3.
Overwhelmingly positive user reviews and reliability of the NLV3.
Significant price drop on the NLV3 (and subsequent further partial refund, although I didn't know this at the time) meaning I only (ha! ONLY!) ended up paying around £1,800 for mine.

Edit: also, it's a 'local' product so there were no hidden Euro currency conversion penalties or import duty to pay (DoF Reality buyers have been stung with £350 tax bills they weren't expecting). Plus, 'local' is better if anything goes wrong, and Amazon CS gives me more comfort than some one-man band outfit ever will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Personally for me it was an organic upgrade path. I quite like the look of the ProSimu motion gear, but it didn't fit into how my sim setup evolved over time. The NLV3 was the final component to my rig. I already had a 80/20 sim rig I like too much so and the NLV3 was just easy to install into my existing setup.

The Prosimu might be good option as it's a complete package if you're starting out differently.

Upvote 0
The Prosimu might be good option as it's a complete package if you're starting out differently.
Ditto with the DoF Reality unit. Both will be slightly more cost effective if starting from scratch, but both will have you hard-locked into that cockpit ecosystem. At least the Prosimu is upgradeable.

All systems have their pros and cons. One other thing to consider is that there may - MAY - be a new Next Level product on the way soon (as indicated by NLV3 price drops and stock shortages), but this also means of course that there are bargains to be had on the current unit.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I might do a Eurostar trip to Lille over the next few months and test out the Prosimu rig(s) to see how I get along with it.

@Mascot 1,800 GBP is a great deal for the NLV3! Makes sense about V4 coming out. Is there a place in the UK to test these out?

I guess if I wanted a Prosimu, I'd not be able to get a P1/GT1 rig. In that case, I'd have to look at DBox setup (atleast that's the setup on SimRacingGarage) which is quite a bit more.

One the big frustrations is the inability to test any of these things out. So much is trial and error or hope for the best.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 230 87.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 37 14.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 69 26.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 89 34.0%