Button box on wheel stopped working…

Wondering if anyone could help please - I have a custom made wheel from Sam Maxwell (it’s around 10 years old now) and now whenever I connect it to my Q1R quick release the button box on the wheel disconnects (I hear the usb notification).

I was getting some double up shifts unregistered shifts before this and then it stopped working altogether. I tried grounding it with an external ground wire which worked for a tiny bit and now it’s completely stopped working.

It seems like a grounding issue for me, but I have no idea how I’d fix it as from what I can research into it’s a fault in the grounding for the wiring?

Any help would be much appreciated please. Not sure if anyone knows of any wheel repair services in the UK?

Pictures attached for reference (external wires are there as years ago I had to replace the shifters and this was how Sam told me to have it after replacing them)

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Attachments

• IMG_7053.jpeg
    IMG_7053.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7055.jpeg
    IMG_7055.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 19
This might not be useful but have you tried changing the usb cable? And/or moving the usb cable away from the wheel base to reduce noise/interference?

I've been really struggling with phantom button presses when my osw is powered on. Grounding the osw didn't make a difference but I've just tried a new usb cable plugged directly into my PC and routed well away from the wheel base and it seems to have fixed it (fingers crossed!).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back