F1 2012 Button 5 - it's so awesome, it's bound twice!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I can't exit the pit menu using my wheel because the corresponding button is bound twice - I thought that's a minor bug in the review version but it's definitely still there. It's so annyoing. Anyone else having the same issue? :(

47Huz.jpg

Guys, it's not about the button itself. It's about a button being assigned to two functions at the same time - in this example I can only view the standings but not get out of the menu.

16, 17, 18, 19 are the "ABXY" buttons (starting from the east and going clockwise). 1, 2, 3 and 4 are the red buttons (left to right). There's no Button 5 (or 6) as I think those are actually the shift paddles.

On the wheel, the red buttons are (from left to right, row by row)

Button 8 | Button 7
Button 21 | Button 20
Button 23 | Button 22

So as you can see, a convenient gap of two. my 50p is on the paddles.

Just rebind in the escape menu options! You can bind to the wheel and keyboard keys simultaneously...

its all in the wheel XML file at the bottom, just change to the buttons you want

<Action actionName="Menu Select">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button17" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
<Axis axisName="win_key_return" deviceName="Keyboard" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Back">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button18" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
<Axis axisName="win_key_escape" deviceName="Keyboard" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Button3">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button16" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Button4">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button15" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Start Button">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button7" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Back Button">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button1" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Change View">
<Axis axisName="win_key_c" deviceName="Keyboard" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Temp Left Shoulder">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button5" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Temp Right Shoulder">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button4" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
</ActionMap>

RaceDepartment Store

The Sparco Pro 2000 QRT is the latest version of the best-selling seat from Sparco, used by professional racers worldwide. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 599,95 Features Homologation: FIA 8855-1999 Material: QRT Non-slip fabric for shoulder and seat restraint Comfortable 420 mm seat width...
The TR160, the King of the Rigs, has been designed with experience gained since Trak Racer started in 2008. The base structure is 160 × 40mm high-end aluminium T-Slot extruded profile, anodized in black. Your choice of wheel mount will be supported by 160 × 40mm high-end aluminium T-Slot...
The Trak Racer RS6 is a fully adjustable gaming machine! Featuring an adjustable pedal plate, wheel mount and bucket seat, the RS6 is predrilled for all the big name brands and will see you competing at the highest level in no time! The RS6's 2" iron construction will ensure stable gameplay...
The perfect addition to the GT Omega ART Racing Simulator Cockpit, this monitor stand allows ergonomic positioning of monitors from 22” to 52” in size. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 119,95 It offers a practical and convenient monitor position to suit any location with movable and lockable...
Trak Racer Black Anodized Aluminium Add-On Side Arms for an existing Single Monitor Stand (80mm high x 40mm wide) For Monitors and TVs up to 45" Trak Racer Monitor Stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA Mounting Points (75/100/150/200/300/400mm) and come with a 5-year warranty...
Game longer, work harder and sit better than ever before with our PRO Series. Our classically designed PRO Series was the first addition to our ever increasing chair family and has proved to be one of our most popular and well known chairs. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 219,95 Offering the...