F1 2012 Button 5 - it's so awesome, it's bound twice!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I can't exit the pit menu using my wheel because the corresponding button is bound twice - I thought that's a minor bug in the review version but it's definitely still there. It's so annyoing. Anyone else having the same issue? :(

47Huz.jpg

Guys, it's not about the button itself. It's about a button being assigned to two functions at the same time - in this example I can only view the standings but not get out of the menu.

16, 17, 18, 19 are the "ABXY" buttons (starting from the east and going clockwise). 1, 2, 3 and 4 are the red buttons (left to right). There's no Button 5 (or 6) as I think those are actually the shift paddles.

On the wheel, the red buttons are (from left to right, row by row)

Button 8 | Button 7
Button 21 | Button 20
Button 23 | Button 22

So as you can see, a convenient gap of two. my 50p is on the paddles.

Just rebind in the escape menu options! You can bind to the wheel and keyboard keys simultaneously...

its all in the wheel XML file at the bottom, just change to the buttons you want

<Action actionName="Menu Select">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button17" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
<Axis axisName="win_key_return" deviceName="Keyboard" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Back">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button18" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
<Axis axisName="win_key_escape" deviceName="Keyboard" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Button3">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button16" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Button4">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button15" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Start Button">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button7" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Menu Back Button">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button1" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Change View">
<Axis axisName="win_key_c" deviceName="Keyboard" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Temp Left Shoulder">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button5" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Temp Right Shoulder">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button4" deviceName="046dc299" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
</ActionMap>

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%