Build 1110 Performance Improvements!

412 FPS (Maximum capable)
NVidia Driver 388.71
MAXED EVERYTHING
-----------------------
System Specs: MSI Z270 Krait Gaming Mother board A.60 BIOS, Water Cooled 280mm Radiator intel i7700k @ 4.2mhz, 4.5mhz turbo, 32 GIG G-Skill 3866mhz DDR 4, OS Win 10 64bit on Dedicated 256 gig M.2 Samsung 960 Pro SSD nVme, Games Dedicated drive 1TB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro SSD nVme, Apps on WD 1 TB SATA III SSD. Video 2x Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti-11G in HB SLI/Custom water cooled individually 50 Celcius/50 Celcius. Monitor, 27" ASUS (PG278QR) 1ms, 2560X1440-(2K) 165MHZ- G-Sync off.
------
Ignore the above. If your not using v388.71 your loosing 50% of your FPS at least for me it worked out that way. Give it a try, what have you got to lose?

Hope this helps.
PACO

Last edited:
Now DX11 with no post processing is about 20% faster than I had with DX9. Or, I can run DX11 in Medium post processing at the same fps I had in DX9. GTX1080, triple screens in multiview, 5760x1080.

However, running 10 AI cars from GT3 Powerpack at Silverstone is not showing any fps improvement compared to before the update. I've tried a few different graphic settings, but no joy yet... not seeing much fps difference between the settings, either. Looks gorgeous, though!

The GT3 DLC is poorly optimised still. Seems it will remain that way. Really regret purchasing it. Everything else in VR seems to run quite nicely now. Well, so long as I don't try to race in the rain.

The GT3 DLC is poorly optimised still. Seems it will remain that way. Really regret purchasing it. Everything else in VR seems to run quite nicely now. Well, so long as I don't try to race in the rain.
Dropping from Medium to Low post processing did the trick for me with the GT3 Powerpack. Yeah, rain is still a problem in that it sucks too many fps compared to no rain and S397 are working on it.

@Paco572

hello,
you did write, you use 388.71 for have best FPS , do this only count for your grafic card or will this be for every other grafic card too?
i do have a much more bad card (680 only), so i am not sure, if i should download most new driver or your suggested 388.71.

i am not a great computer expert, and i do not often update driver so i am not sure, what i should do now. i have older driver actual then 388.71.

and sorry for my bad english

seruvs

How often I have to read postings like:
I have min fps of 45 now, great improvement!
:O_o:
Everything under 90 fps average is unexeptable.
And the GT3 DLC is 60 fps average compared to 120 with Formula e DLC. Come on S397...
Give us a proper product for our money paid!

How often I have to read postings like:
I have min fps of 45 now, great improvement!
:O_o:
Everything under 90 fps average is unexeptable.
And the GT3 DLC is 60 fps average compared to 120 with Formula e DLC. Come on S397...
Comparing a tin top Vs open wheeler with less poly count and you wonder why one performs better.

Give us a proper comparison

@Paco572

hello,
you did write, you use 388.71 for have best FPS , do this only count for your grafic card or will this be for every other grafic card too?
i do have a much more bad card (680 only), so i am not sure, if i should download most new driver or your suggested 388.71.

i am not a great computer expert, and i do not often update driver so i am not sure, what i should do now. i have older driver actual then 388.71.

and sorry for my bad english

seruvs
I have top of the line graphics cards. 1080 ti 11g/SLI, that being said I can't be sure if these drivers will work for you. Installing them can't hurt but to be sure, Steam has a FPS counter, enable it then run the game with the latest, then older ones like the ones you use and then mine. Try use a replay so you can view and keep track FPS so you can compare your results and see which works for you. Be sure to, ALT+TAB and focus the window on your game before enter the pits before testing, this will ensure the game gets full resources. let me know how it goes, if you need help just ask. Google "how to enable FPS in steam" to find the button to enable this feature.

I have top of the line graphics cards. 1080 ti 11g/SLI, that being said I can't be sure if these drivers will work for you. Installing them can't hurt but to be sure, Steam has a FPS counter, enable it then run the game with the latest, then older ones like the ones you use and then mine. Try use a replay so you can view and keep track FPS so you can compare your results and see which works for you. Be sure to, ALT+TAB and focus the window on your game before enter the pits before testing, this will ensure the game gets full resources. let me know how it goes, if you need help just ask. Google "how to enable FPS in steam" to find the button to enable this feature.

thanks for answear,

i did yesterday install newsest driver (something with 397.xx) and i did test with FPS in sebring track (which is not good for fps, but it is a league track , where any object did delete for better Fps a little, but still not realy easy track for my computer it was 2 weeks ago in VEC league).
i had with average medium grafic setting with 5 ai drivers 140-160+ fps, which is more then i need, i am not sure if this is new driver or new rf2 build (probably both a little).
as i do have in player file set usualy to max. 91 fps limit, this is now more then i needed, especialy sebring is bad track for fps and in league races i do set grafic little down too, for me save with 30+ opponents.

so all good actual with rf2, as my computer is only a intel 3770 and a nvidia 680 card, so 6 years ago this was a very good computer but now not anymore, and i have 21:9 monitor with 2520x1080 pixel, so little more then fullhd too.

servus

thanks for answear,

i did yesterday install newsest driver (something with 397.xx) and i did test with FPS in sebring track (which is not good for fps, but it is a league track , where any object did delete for better Fps a little, but still not realy easy track for my computer it was 2 weeks ago in VEC league).
i had with average medium grafic setting with 5 ai drivers 140-160+ fps, which is more then i need, i am not sure if this is new driver or new rf2 build (probably both a little).
as i do have in player file set usualy to max. 91 fps limit, this is now more then i needed, especialy sebring is bad track for fps and in league races i do set grafic little down too, for me save with 30+ opponents.

so all good actual with rf2, as my computer is only a intel 3770 and a nvidia 680 card, so 6 years ago this was a very good computer but now not anymore, and i have 21:9 monitor with 2520x1080 pixel, so little more then fullhd too.

servus
Now try the v388.71 and test again. VSYNC off. you can always reinstall the new drivers.
here's a link. Let us now if it made a difference for you.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/128421/en-us

PACO

Easily done sir! Strip out the physics calculations that consume more hz than any other commercial sim, reduce the physics based ffb to mere pre-canned effects. ("oh LOOK! a curb! rumble rumble) take out the constructed tire physics and replace with those tires using merely a look-up table. There are reasons rF2 stresses computer systems more than most other racing sims. Even after a huge effort to re-write the graphics engine a 2nd time to dx11 specific calls, the increase was rarely more than 10%. I've read many VR users getting solid 90fps from rF2, but I also have seen MANY MANY others who do not. I can't say there will ever be a complete solution for everyone.

Of all the sims I regularly run, rF2 is definitely the worst performance-wise and causing me the most issues, ever since it moved over to DX11. Especially online - I did join a few races lately after a bit of a hiatus and had nothing but problems, including weird random lag, inconsistent CPU usage and many other issues. I know I'm running a fairly old setup (overclocked i5 2500k, GTX970), but I don't seem to be having that many issues with other sims (or other games for that matter). Not sure if I noticed any significant improvements going to the latest build.

Also, we really, *really* need a way to monitor FFB levels and clipping. Oh, and the layout of the new HUD is not correct in 1900x1200 - the indicators on the side of the central mirror are lower than they should be and, more importantly, the delta bar covers part of the mirror.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.