Build 1110 Performance Improvements!

@Paco...CHASE VIEW?????? [sorry, couldn't resist]
@pierro, You may not be using a beta, but make sure you check the box to 'opt out' of the betas. Double check your video configuration in the launcher.
@No Performance gains....users who have changed their global settings with ATI/AMD cards have seen good improvements. I would assume Nvidia cards will also respond better after letting the game manage the graphic options. Make sure in the Radeon software to look at every global choice or profile specifically for rF2 and choose the option that allows the game to manage the AA etc. and not the AMD software. FWIW, the people with the newest high powered systems seem to be seeing the least amount of improvement.
@ATSSHD, there is no NEW UI yet. A new hud for in-the-car display, but not a new UI. Baby steps...they are getting there.
Many users are also reporting improved feel via the FFB.

I also gained big amount of FPS- 25% to 35% depending on the settings.
Putting in to much on the plate of the GPU takes a bit of the gained performance off.
But my development rig only host a aging gtx670, but is running so much better than a few day ago.

Lol it's shocking that current tech vs that of the initial release 5 years ago still cannot extract decent performance.

I can play it fine on a single screen @1080p on a GTX1070, when I bought the same I recall having a 650m in SLI and they were an okay card and I just could not get any decent frame rate from RF2, I gave up. Tried again couple years later and a GTX980m again mobile card in an Alienware and same again .

Moving on to a desktop GTX1070 and it's playable, but VR on a DK2 it sits at 37.5 as opposed to 70fps but still playable at least

Moving on to a desktop GTX1070 and it's playable, but VR on a DK2 it sits at 37.5 as opposed to 70fps but still playable at least
Definitely improved performance for me in VR Rift running 19 AI on various tracks 90fps and dropping to 45fps but never below, running a i5 6400 with motherboard hack @4.2Ghz and Gtx 1080.
Used to have strange graphical glitches with shadows with the USF2000 but this updated fixed it and for me it looks much better, the updated Enduroracers mod looks stunning in VR.

Definitely improved performance for me in VR Rift running 19 AI on various tracks 90fps and dropping to 45fps but never below, running a i5 6400 with motherboard hack @4.2Ghz and Gtx 1080.
Used to have strange graphical glitches with shadows with the USF2000 but this updated fixed it and for me it looks much better, the updated Enduroracers mod looks stunning in VR.

I think the GTX1080 has a lot to do with it. I mostly race tintops, but would expect better performance for opens wheels, will have to give it a try.

I tried enduroracers, they look awesome but the AI has a unrealistic tendency to oversteer and in a lot of cases bring out full yellows, no where near as good as the s397 GT3 pack.

i5 6600, resolution 3 monitors with 5920x1080.

PPP I used medium or high. In game all at max except shadows, blur and something else I can't remember now.

No reason to use High post processing unless you're taking screenshots as cockpit cam never shows anything more than Medium. With your resolution and video card, switch to Low and you can max out the graphic options like shadows & blur.

Lol it's shocking that current tech vs that of the initial release 5 years ago still cannot extract decent performance.

I can play it fine on a single screen @1080p on a GTX1070, when I bought the same I recall having a 650m in SLI and they were an okay card and I just could not get any decent frame rate from RF2, I gave up. Tried again couple years later and a GTX980m again mobile card in an Alienware and same again .

See above post... what post processing level are you using?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 257 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.8%