Build 1110 Performance Improvements!

My mods went all off whis this update, everything is messed, have like 50 tracks and 50 cars, and now Rf2 only sees like 7 tracks and only one mod, the flat6 mod. didn't know what happends because in modmanager shows all as installed.
Anybody knows some kind of rescan or mod reset?

I don't see a v1110 option in the betas dropdown?

Edit: NVM you just select the "opt out of all beta programmes" option. Really intuitive - how stupid of me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
rf2 really aint worth the faff anymore. Spend more time changing settings than i do racing. Pcars2, AC and RRE, click in steam open, play and enjoy.

Yes, but once you set it up, neither AC or R3E comes even close to driving the car in rF2 imo. To me, it's worth it. If I had to, I could live without R3E (although I very much like it), don't care about AC at all, never tried PC2, but I couldn't give up rF2

Doesn't seem to have made much (if any) difference...

Edit: I take that back. Any level of AA tanks performance in the rain for me though, FXAA is fine. With AA on it seems the same as before, at around 8 fps in the rain.

Last edited:
Now DX11 with no post processing is about 20% faster than I had with DX9. Or, I can run DX11 in Medium post processing at the same fps I had in DX9. GTX1080, triple screens in multiview, 5760x1080.

However, running 10 AI cars from GT3 Powerpack at Silverstone is not showing any fps improvement compared to before the update. I've tried a few different graphic settings, but no joy yet... not seeing much fps difference between the settings, either. Looks gorgeous, though!

i5-7600k @ 3.80GHZ, GTX1080ti, triple screens in multiview, 5760x1080.
Everything on max, pp, track, refection etc and 30 cars visible. Track Silverstone. Car: s397 GT3.
Start at back of grid 55 fps as race goes on up to 98 fps. So yes a big improvement.
Before update: Start of race 29 fps max was only 52fps no pp or reflections on.
Update with No pp on Start 119 fps max 182 fps.
Update with no reflection on Start 138 fps mas 251 fps.
What a great sim this is.
Thankyou S397

what an update! I raised ingame graphics setting for at least one level and had no fps loss. Then I maxed out everything, just for laugh and it was still playable :confused: with 40 AI GT3 pack cars on Silverstone. I just couldn't believe it :D Then I turned on the rain and things got worse, so I'll have to level down a setting or two I guess. But overall, for me this is unexpected performance boost, as I'm usually more or less skeptical about (any) devs "performance boost advertising". Sometimes it's really nice to be wrong ;) Hands down S397 :thumbsup:

Using the drivers I suggested> In the past in a replay at Spa, in chase view, my highest FPS was 309. When I switch drivers, (Updated Driver/Newer) I lost half of that reaching about 170 FPS. Sticking with the drivers I mentioned above in an earlier post v388.71 with the new Performance UPDATE, in the same section at Spa, I'm now get a whopping 421 FPS!!

Hope that helps you all out.

System Specs: MSI Z270 Krait Gaming Mother board A.60 BIOS, Water Cooled 280mm Radiator intel i7700k @ 4.2mhz, 4.5mhz turbo, 32 GIG G-Skill 3866mhz DDR 4, OS Win 10 64bit on Dedicated 256 gig M.2 Samsung 960 Pro SSD nVme, Games Dedicated drive 1TB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro SSD nVme, Apps on WD 1 TB SATA III SSD. Video 2x Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti-11G in HB SLI/Custom water cooled individually 50 Celcius/50 Celcius. Monitor, 27" ASUS (PG278QR) 1ms, 2560X1440-(2K) 165MHZ- G-Sync off.

PACO

Last edited:
Seems like one of the improvements was to render shadows only up to (what seems like) 20 yards in front and behind the car even if shadows are set to "Max" under settings.

This takes quite a bit of the immersion away.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea