Resource icon

Cars Bugatti type 57G (1937) 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nicecuppatea submitted a new resource:

Bugatti type 57G (1937) - Tanks again

The other Bugatti 'tank'. Winner of the 1937 Le Mans.

View attachment 540954

Requires the 1923 driver model. Most of the technical info is from the book 'Bugatti Type 57 Grand Prix - A Celebration' by Neil Tomlinson, which was handy for some visual details too, although my main visual references were pictures of the surviving car that's currently in the Simeone Museum. Someone did try contacting the...

Read more about this resource...

Fantastic car as always. If I may pick the tiniest of nits, making the dark blue parts more cyan-ish could better represent the real color. I'm using RGB 0, 13, 33 compared to your default 0, 0, 43.9. The canopy is left at the default color for comparison.

This is 1000% artistic interpretation though

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-14 112209.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-14 112209.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 178
Think I took that colour from photos like these:

mav_19.jpg

Seems a bit darker there, even with the difference in the light. The car does seem to have been re-modelled a few times as well, and the original is only seen in black and white photos, so it's hard to pin down exactly what is correct.

I've read before that the official Bugatti 'Bleu de France' colour tended to vary a lot in shade from one car to the next, so it's possible that there's no real correct colours, just whatever looks right to you. I like the red/black combo myself, I call that my Dr Evil skin because it looks kind of serious and dark :laugh: .

Thought this was interesting, the car as it was some time in the late 50s:

57455.jpg

There's a few stories that it was buried to hide it from the Nazis during the war, but Neil Tomlinson's book says it was stored at a site in Bordeaux and the damage was caused by falling debris during an RAF bombing raid. Maybe a bit of confusion with, apparently true, stories that the car that Jean Bugatti was killed in was buried in the grounds at Molsheim.

Great work man, and great car to drive! May a suggest the next car project? I don't now if you already have one, but, an Alfa Romeo P2 or P3 would be great, or the glorious Fiat Beast of Turin, that one would be terrific to have!

Great work man, and great car to drive! May a suggest the next car project? I don't now if you already have one, but, an Alfa Romeo P2 or P3 would be great, or the glorious Fiat Beast of Turin, that one would be terrific to have!
Casual Sim Racer's team is planning to do the Beast of Turin at the moment

I've downloaded it. Handling is interesting to say the least!

Does your book state the exact weight balance of the 57G?
Not as far as I can remember. One criticism I'd have of the book is that the index is pretty poor, so it's difficult to dip into it and look up individual topics.

Just about the only info I have on the handling is a video from the Simeone Museum where you can hear the driver talk about how poor the steering is, other than that it's all a guess, which could easily be way off.

Legion is one of those you can't really trust to accurately represent how the car handles.
inb4: Fine by me if you like it, but does it correlate to the real car.
Yeah you are right on this, its like some of the guys who are voting a 5star for an track here on RD, that’s full of bugs or worser. So its all depends on personal taste and we can not judge for that, only give an direction to the site .

Check out Legion site for the P3
I downloaded it and am also enjoying it. However, I am of the opinion that it could be improved. The Legion one had a big bug about the tank on the rear and I solved it thanks to a friend. It has the big flaw that the gear does not move, I had to add the animation of the character lowering his hand taking it from another Alpha, also from Legion. And now I'm satisfied. But here ... @Nicecuppatea is the one who could recreate it and put it on Assetto Corsa. My God I can imagine it already. Maybe reading it will make him want to make it happen. After all now, after the 1920s, he started with this Bugatti. Maybe he'll bring that up too. I love that car.

I have noticed the AI car lights are not working while in the players car it does work. How can I activate the AI lights at nighttime racing.

Well, this is bizarre. Took a bit of searching and testing to find this but it seems it's down to the tags in Content Manager, I forgot to change them from the Formula K ones and it seems that the 'single-seater' tag breaks AI lights, delete it (in Content-Cars) and AI lights work. If they don't make sure you've got 'Force AI headlights' ticked in Settings-WeatherFX/Miscellaneous.
Screenshot_bugatti_type_57g_le_grand_circuit_1967_20-2-122-12-54-11.jpg

Very strange.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back