Bugatti EB110 GT

Cars Bugatti EB110 GT 0.1 Alpha

Login or Register an account to download this content
SDX submitted a new resource:

Bugatti EB110 GT - early WIP --- Help is Really appreciated!

When I was a kid, I carefully selected and purchased myself a Bburago 1/24 scale Bugatti EB110 GT model because it was the coolest sports car ever. In the days of the first PlayStation that model seemed very detailed and as close as I could get to the real thing. Now it’s the time to upgrade that childhood dream to the photo-realistic virtual reality with accurate physics and sound. And in the process make it available to everyone else who loves Bugatti EB110 GT or just wants to learn more...

Read more about this resource...

this could be properly epic. looking forward to progress. honestly i think suspension is the hardest thing to get right so the fact you have that very far along gives me hope this will be a good quality car.

Cool. You should put the source files also on github so you could collaborate better. Still a mystery to me why almost nobody uses github for mods. Seems like moders are afraid of git bash. ;)

Cool. You should put the source files also on github so you could collaborate better. Still a mystery to me why almost nobody uses github for mods. Seems like moders are afraid of git bash. ;)

Stay tuned about GitHub :) GitHub release is already planned, just at this stage I barely have anything that is worth sharing on GitHub. Most effort was put into collecting and classifying all the source tech data which you can find included in the download. Then also several evenings of modelling suspension geometry in Solvespace to get correct numbers for Assetto Corsa. + many days with AC specific .ini files and Blender modelling.

As I mentioned, I am not a good 3D modeler, but I can do something if there is no other way. GitHub will get all the files that I can share, including Solvespace suspension models. Apache 2.0 license is the plan.

Right now I am working to get more data for accurate physics. The 3D model can be finished by anyone even 100 years from now, but some of the handling and tech details need to be secured while the right people are still available.

Back in 2007/2008 I started an early 3D model for this. If I had more time I would love to help on this :(
Nice to see one with proper physics in game!

Attachments

• eb-02.jpg
    eb-02.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 156
Back in 2007/2008 I started an early 3D model for this. If I had more time I would love to help on this :(
Nice to see one with proper physics in game!
Nice start of an SS! In flat shading some people may think it is rough, but back in 2005 I made a model for GTA Vice City and it had similar level of detail (back then the modelling standards were not as high either).

Perhaps at a later stage you will have a great opportunity to make an SS variant of this GT. I am sure the SS version would be more popular than GT - most people want the fastest one and while GT has nicer interior, SS is more impressive on the outside. :)

Hey! I can probably give you a hand with some of the work you need done in Blender. Not a massive pro, but I've tried to model a few cars on there and I'm a butthurt for perfection lol Hit me up if you wanna send those resources my way.

Edit: I can ALSO try doing the sound, done it before for personal use and it turned out decent.

Last edited:
@OMG Its Rex - OK! I am writing to you in PM right now and let's see what we can do!

Since the 0.1 version I was not modelling much at all - only made a complete HiRez front wheel & checked a few approaches to use picture matching.

View attachment 436593View attachment 436594View attachment 436595View attachment 436596View attachment 436597
Where did you find the section of the wheel and the suspension? I have started the same project and was looking for some references. Would you mind sharing it? Or, if you don't mind, can you share the 3D mesh of the wheel if your project is not going ahead anymore? That will save me a small amount of time. Thanks in advance.

Where did you find the section of the wheel and the suspension? I have started the same project and was looking for some references. Would you mind sharing it? Or, if you don't mind, can you share the 3D mesh of the wheel if your project is not going ahead anymore? That will save me a small amount of time. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am not following Racedepartment all the time, but sure, first of all everything you see in the screenshots is already available open-source here: https://github.com/SDX-LV/model_of_Bugatti_EB110

Currently I don't think anyone is actively working on EB110 model, so you have no competition :)

Then anything that is not on GitHub, I will explain. provide, etc over private messages.
As I originally announced, I am happy to support anyone who can help, because I do not have time or skills to finish this EB110.

Hey gpktm (or SDK), have you any updates on your EB110? This was heading in a great direction, especially those wheel scans posted above. I have never liked those Bugatti wheels until now :laugh:, they should be "painted" to mimic that scanned grid as they look in SDK's picture. It would be so much cooler than the very plain silver from the factory..

Hi,
I am very busy with other things in life - rarely start any driving simulator at all.
All this data is freely available to work with - but with-out help from someone who wants to make the 3D model, you may need to wait forever for me to finish this.
I did what I can so far, will help more, but I will not model the whole EB110 anytime soon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back