Bug with car preview loading time

Hi everybody !

I've got a problem with Race (I've got all the expansions with latest patch)
When I'm on screen to select my vehicule, the 3D preview of the car is sometime very long !!

This is a theory that I wonder if you two could test for me? Please run a defrag on your hard drive and tell me if you notice an improvement in these loading times. I think I have noticed this improvement after a defrag, but am not sure if its just coincidence?

Please run a defrag on your hard drive and tell me if you notice an improvement in these loading times.

I defrag regularly, but its never made a noticeable difference to Race 07 loading times. These days I'm literally sitting here for about a minute and a half after clicking the shortcut before the loading screen appears. Loading times after the initial start seem pretty normal though, other than the occasional car selection preview taking a while to appear.

Doubt it matters, but I'm currently using the offline version.

Mod content will load slower for a few reasons (some apply to Stock cars too):

#1 The car uses a high polygon 3D model
#2 The car uses a res textures e.g. 2048x2048 (~5mb each) and could use 1024x1024 (~1.33mb each) or even 512x512 (~350kb) for smaller components. So a mod that has a few 2048 textures on it weighs a lot! therefore loads are slower. FYI, after getting a car to make it to the spinner the first thing I do in optomise the textures to increase load times and MP on-track performance (As seen in the F1 2007 mod during beta testing)
#3 Most mods are not encrypted as the files within the .gcf's are and the encrypted files load faster, but make it hard to improve between version for modders
#4 The search that the game does for components starts in the .gcf's file structure then moves to the GameData et al folders
#5 Bad coding, missing 3D models, 2D textures, mis-used material naming, and many other little bits and pieces...

Hi everybody !

I've got a problem with Race (I've got all the expansions with latest patch)
When I'm on screen to select my vehicule, the 3D preview of the car is sometime very long !!

You have to set High Process Priority="1" // Improves FPS on some systems, but may conflict with some background applications in yourname plr file.

And her is where you can find it:
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\Peter

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back