rF2 BTCC 2022 @ Knockhill - Mon 27th February 2023 *Race Against unowned DLC*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm unable to get into the server, stating that i have missing content (aka all the cars apart from the focus and civic) and no option to manually install the mod, can only delete it :(

Ok so I'm clearly too stupid for this to work...

I did not have any of the BTCC cars so opted for the recent 3 car pack to give me a bit of choice. At the same time I got the Brit track pack. On launching the game none of the content had downloaded which was strange so I've rectified that through the content tab in game, however..............

How do you enable the cars you don't own to play alongside those you do? When I launch the server it says I don't have all of the content, which is of course correct!!

Not sure if I'm in or out for tonight...

Looks like I’ll be there for some but not all of tonight. Wife needs picking up at some point this evening now she’s decided to work late

I'm unable to get into the server, stating that i have missing content (aka all the cars apart from the focus and civic) and no option to manually install the mod, can only delete it :(
Ok so I'm clearly too stupid for this to work...

I did not have any of the BTCC cars so opted for the recent 3 car pack to give me a bit of choice. At the same time I got the Brit track pack. On launching the game none of the content had downloaded which was strange so I've rectified that through the content tab in game, however..............

How do you enable the cars you don't own to play alongside those you do? When I launch the server it says I don't have all of the content, which is of course correct!!

Not sure if I'm in or out for tonight...
As @Roy Magnes rightly points out, you have to install the cars you don't own, in the places he mentioned.

Copied from the announcement.
Content you don’t own can now be installed from the content management page
On the cars and tracks lists, greyed out cars and tracks that you do not own and added a button to access the store page for that item
You can spectate on any race even if you don’t own anything, assuming the content is installed
You can only race in cars that you own on tracks that you own
When joining a server, cars you do not own will be greyed out
When passenger swapping you can only ride as a passenger in vehicles you own, you should only be able to select those vehicles you own
Added information about required content to join the server on the join error page
Greyed out entries with cars you do not own in the spectate popup
Disabled “Resume” replay button for entries with car you do not own

Final tag time. Who's up for this epic evening of fun?
You only need to own one BTCC car to enter tonight, but they are all awesome so I can highly recommend them!
@MrOrangeDK @Jasje @akephoe @dbx71 @Monkey T @rockracer @Matt Le Gallez @Paul Le Gallez @Steve Le Gallez @groy1980 @Ruben Cerlem @Cosimo @Magnus Dahlgren @Stammeleer @sisco55 @PurgerUK @Michel vL @wayphaxx @joecronk @AlB_3010 @H_Belane
Thx's for the tag ,but I'll exchange the cockpit for a warm sunny beach the next 3 weeks .See you

Am I trying hard enough?
20230227200406_2.jpg
20230227200426_1.jpg
20230227200509_1.jpg

Cheers for the races all. Had an absolute blast tonight. Lost concentration towards the end which I'll put down to a combination of having been up since 5am and Knockhill being pretty intensive. Shift pattern at work is a bit all over the place next week or two but will definitely make some more rF2 races.

Cheers for the racing lads, especially race 2 with Edward, that was close! As Ole I'm not a fan of the hybrid system as its far too complex and far too powerfull and not really needed in TC racing, but I did enjoy the challenge of trying to perfect the deployment. However, I do believe there's a bug in the system somewhere, I just cant prove it.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 116 69.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 25.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 34 20.5%