BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Any current BTB Pro user wishing to help test the latest release, please follow this link.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Please give feedback into this thread rather than emailing/PMing me.

The licenses for this Beta release are now being generated daily.

The main new features are:
  • 3d window now renders the Add/Bump/Specular materials so what you see in BTB will be very close to what you get in game.
  • More advanced materials blending and editing.
  • Reload textures by pressing F5. This allows you to edit a background image in one application, save it, then load the changes into BTB without having to reload the entire project.
  • Global smoothing of track and terrain. This removes the sharp edges that form between the track and terrain, or between adjoining terrain areas.
Let me know how you go. ;)

RBR Installation

This install uses newer shaders so RBR needs to be updated. Copy the following files and folders from BTB into your Richard Burns Rally folder, and overwrite if prompted.
  • BTB\Support\RBR\Plugins
  • BTB\Support\RBR\RX_CONTENT
  • BTB\Support\RBR\d3dx9_35.dll
Bugs Fixed for release 0.8.9.1:
- Blend Background image not selected in combo box when re-opening the surfaces window. This causes other crashes if not reselected.
- Changing blend type in the surfaces/wall window not working.
- When blend type is background, confusing left/right/foward/backward options to be disabled.
- Wall blend rotate not working.
- Fix bug that allows you to delete the background image even when it is used in materials as a blend image.
- Fix when background image is moved, surface and walls that use them as a blend image are not immediately recalculated.
- Allow scale/offset when blend is Globally mapped.

To Do:
- Look At/Fix RBR specular export.
- Fix AIW path so with is limited to drivable track surface.

UPDATE: 28 April 2013

I am back working on this once again (finally) but I have numerous hurdles to overcome. Old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reloading all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

Hi everybody! Like most of you I just started a project with the beta version and after several hours work my license expired.
I have been reading several posts in this thread and it is funny how some of them defended Brendon and even asked for a donation! I have always defended BTB throughout different websites but no matter how good a program is, when the customer service is zero, it becomes unsustainable. 18 months have passed since the beta release. Final version was expected to be released within one month and that justified the stupid 1 month license system that is screwing thousands of PRO users that paid for his tool. Since then not a single apology or comment to clarify the situation. I think that all the users deserve at least some clarification regarding if we should expect this situation forever to desist from building projects with the beta version. Brendon doesn't. He probably thinks we are a bunch of stupids. At least that is what it looks like.
It would be very nice if whoever cracked the normal version did the same thing for the beta. I would gladly donate some euros for that cause!

Well apparenttly it seems for some cracking would be the only solution to finish the projects done in the Beta.
I would not have a clue how to do it, but if I would my result would have been shared some while ago.
Really dissapointed about the high hopes we once had about this beta.
Most frustating thing is that it's so near to a release candidate, than it seem to die.
Not even explanations or apologies.. just nothing... :sick:

It is allways the same from the begining to that point, Beta license last in one month and the renewal comes one month later, one month for the license time life and two for the renewal... so That is what you will have if you decide to work with the Beta.

I dosen´t use the Beta cause that.... If any BTB licensed user needs a Beta license I can provide it every time you need if I have one.

Cheers.

you can send me a private message if you are interested.

Hi all,
Sorry, I do not speak English and I use the Google translator ...
I see a lot of licensing issues and it worries me a bit ..
I just bought the license and expires April 30, 2013 ... Why ??

Charlie

Sorry I'm in the wrong forum

Attachments

• Bob's Track Builder - Pro Users License.jpg
    Bob's Track Builder - Pro Users License.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 656
charlie-82
When you first buy your license there is an option to set how long until renewal.(for example every 4months)
At the end of that time, in your case, 30th of April, you need to re-apply for another license.
Do not worry, you never need to pay again.
If you change your hard drives, CPU or Mainboard during this period BTB will lock you out.
It is always best to set license renewal periods for only a few months (1 to 4months) in case you ever need to change these parts....
If you set it to 12 months & change PC or PC parts you could end up waiting a year to use BTB again...
You can reset the time period when you send for a new license
Dumb I know but that is how it is, but this is so the builder of BTB can be sure that a license will ONLY be used on one machine at a time....

When it comes time to re-new license be sure to remove old license from BTB's main folder before running H.I.D again.
The longest I have ever had to wait for new license is 8hours for 0.8.0.3version & shortest was under an hour.
Also, you can apply for new license2 days before old one runs out.
Avoid using the BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta version as there are issues with it's licensing system that could have you waiting for months at a time.....
Best of luck, welcome to BTB & I look forward to sampling your tracks in the near future! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes