BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Any current BTB Pro user wishing to help test the latest release, please follow this link.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Please give feedback into this thread rather than emailing/PMing me.

The licenses for this Beta release are now being generated daily.

The main new features are:
  • 3d window now renders the Add/Bump/Specular materials so what you see in BTB will be very close to what you get in game.
  • More advanced materials blending and editing.
  • Reload textures by pressing F5. This allows you to edit a background image in one application, save it, then load the changes into BTB without having to reload the entire project.
  • Global smoothing of track and terrain. This removes the sharp edges that form between the track and terrain, or between adjoining terrain areas.
Let me know how you go. ;)

RBR Installation

This install uses newer shaders so RBR needs to be updated. Copy the following files and folders from BTB into your Richard Burns Rally folder, and overwrite if prompted.
  • BTB\Support\RBR\Plugins
  • BTB\Support\RBR\RX_CONTENT
  • BTB\Support\RBR\d3dx9_35.dll
Bugs Fixed for release 0.8.9.1:
- Blend Background image not selected in combo box when re-opening the surfaces window. This causes other crashes if not reselected.
- Changing blend type in the surfaces/wall window not working.
- When blend type is background, confusing left/right/foward/backward options to be disabled.
- Wall blend rotate not working.
- Fix bug that allows you to delete the background image even when it is used in materials as a blend image.
- Fix when background image is moved, surface and walls that use them as a blend image are not immediately recalculated.
- Allow scale/offset when blend is Globally mapped.

To Do:
- Look At/Fix RBR specular export.
- Fix AIW path so with is limited to drivable track surface.

UPDATE: 28 April 2013

I am back working on this once again (finally) but I have numerous hurdles to overcome. Old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reloading all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

That the BTB track-file is not backward compatible between the "old" BTB and the new beta BTB has nothing to do with exporting a track to RBR.
So it should work like it normally does, although i have never exported a track to BTB only to rFactor.

Hi all,

Quick question,

I read that tracks are not backward compatible with the previous BTB, so what about RBR? you have to replace some files within RBR, so can you use old and new BTB tracks in the new RBR?

Thanks

Yup.. the beta license expired again...
Not possible to upload a new license without a beta license reset from Brendon.
:(

Is this piece of fine software ever going to be released?
Only fix the transparency problem with alpha textures and you are good to go.

Let us do the helping of those who need advice like we do for years here.
So leave those help files that still need to be fixed, according to the website.

Or hand out a beta license for a longer period, as your support has been about none anyway last year.
I would not even mind paying an extra fee for the new software.
At least if it would work when i want, not when the license dictates me.

Since those that use the beta are registered BTB users, the licence for both should be interchangeable. ie: You could uninstall one and install the other and use same licence, Better still allow both to be installed side by side and use the same licence. Hey, we can only dream.

Its quite frustrating that after a month you have no idea on when the License (Beta) will be renewed... And that definitely make me lose interest, BTB is an awesome tool that has been hampered by a stupid license system.

And who knows where is Brendon? Is he even reading anything we write in here?

This is like screaming to a wall...anyway I will ask again...can we get the Beta Lincese reset again?. Thanks

Dear Brendon,

I write to you in this thread following your desire of avoid sending private messages. It is about a year since I first downloaded the beta version. There it said that licenses were going to be valid for just one month since little work was letft to be done. It is evident that your promise has not been fulfilled and I am pretty sure none of us have the slightest hope that it will be realeased soon. I formally ask you to increase the valid period of time to something similar to the regular license system. It is not fair at all the treat you are providing to all the people that trusted you and paid for your program. People running the cracked version are having less problems than us. You don't even have the time to clarify the situation and future of the program. I am telling you one thing, for if it helps changing your mind: I don't know if you are still working on this program, in other program or in none at all. However, I do know that, with this kind of treat to your customers, your future in business is already written: nobody will ever rely on you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes