Bruschied

Tracks Bruschied 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
christoph1954 submitted a new resource:

Bruschied - Long and dangerous mountain track in the Hunsrück

BRUSCHIED
(This is the reason I started building tracks)

Background:
This track has some history for me, as I lived there when I was at the age of 5 .
We lived about 4km from the little settlement called Rudolfshaus, when about 1959 we visited a hillclimb race from “Rudolfshaus” up to a small village 2km above, “Bruschied” - it was my first race to ever visit.
I was shocked by the immense noise those Porsche 356 made with their 4 open exhaust pipes.
A few years later me and my...

Read more about this resource...

christoph1954 updated Bruschied with a new update entry:

Some historical pictures

On my research I found some historic pictures of the hillcimb "Rudolfshaus-Bruschied" from the time I was living there (and before).
The start:View attachment 604502

The 2. hairpin at the slate mine "Alt Layenkaul"View attachment 604503
View attachment 604504

The 3. hairpin with the rock wall - when it was constructed in 1905View attachment 604505

The stretch towards "Bruschied"
View attachment 604506

So you see: It´s all...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.jpg

This signs hitbox is a bit busted, it touches my car in the picture.

4.jpg

Not really a bug I guess, but the water looks a bit eeeh contaminated!
This is all nitpicking, thank you for your hard work on this map. It truly is my favorite track in Assetto, and I played since release :thumbsup:

Thank you for your feedback! This is really appreciated . :thumbsup:
I released the 2 tracks (Hahn Airport & Bruschied) in their incomplete state, because I needed a break - I hoped that there were not too many glitches but I was exhausted with testing and changes. :(
I will definitely come back for a revision - so I´m glad I got some "Beta-Testers" beside me, who will give me some feedback.

Here's my basic code for rainfx, if you want to use it - or not. Just to get the roads wet, I don't bother with streaming edges, would not see them while driving anyways. Thanks again for your work!

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = strasse-schmal-hell, strasse-?,
SOAKING_MATERIALS = haus-kies, strasse-schmal-hell, strasse-?,
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS =

Last edited:
Here's my basic code for rainfx, if you want to use it - or not. Just to get the roads wet, I don't bother with streaming edges, would not see them while driving anyways. Thanks again for your work!

[RAIN_FX]
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS =

[RAIN_FX]
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS =
Hi Bart! This is great stuff - I thank you so much, as i do not know anything about that yet. I´m stuck with Grass-FX , Lighting-FX and some rotating wind turbines (as in my FARM-track). So new stuff to learn for me - i will take a look into your RAIN asap.

Rudolfshaus: electric cables

I have found some new images of "Rudolfshaus" and had to update the location. View attachment 606431
I also tried a new approach for my electric installations and removed the power lines running through the valley - these didn´t really fit after some thinking over and I will install new ones like in "Rudolfshaus".
I removed some colliders in "Rudolfshaus" and a glitch in the mesh that Oli24 told me about and I moved the street lamps on pedestrian ways to the far side - as you would expect...

The final.

I had a long break working on my street tracks.
There was too much other interesting AC stuff, like Rally-Cross cars and gravel tire physics and Rally-Cross tracks to make.

So when I went back to Bruschied, I wanted to make something "big??".
View attachment 701489

Bruschied-8 has three different layouts now:View attachment 701490

1. The original layout

2. A short lap running between Rudolfshaus and Bruhschied - you can see the Schmidburg only from afar.

3. An 8-form layout with...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%