rF2 British Touring Car Championship @ Oulton Park - Fri 12Oct18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Very nice first experience online with rF2. Game crashes while on the formation lap and upon restart it stucks generating garages because there are more cars than garages... wtf. I hope you had good races.:(

@avenger82 Don't worry about it at all. I was all over the place myself in all three races (so apologies if I did cause someone trouble, I was only half joking when Steve mentioned it's not a drift race) and dodging cars left and right a lot of the time (and sometimes not dodging them enough). And the third race especially I just considered as a fun bonus anyway.

So yeah, pretty crazy racing tonight, but good fun. Thanks for the race(s)!

If anyone's interested, here's the VOD of my stream:

So many technical issues for me on that night that I don't even want to list them all. I believe rFactor 2 is a great sim but it looks like it needs so much more attention comparing to others. I'm afraid I'm gonna need a IT diploma to get it going. But anyway, congrats to podium finishers :)

@Denis Betty Thanks for organising the event last night - it was my second ever rF2 online race (my first was with RD, USF2000s just after the initial DX11 update).

I'm sorry for all the people who had technical issues but my experience was actually quite the opposite. Everything 'just worked'.

I've always loved the 'feel' of driving in rF2 but I thought it looked hugely impressive in VR. And I know I went on about it but I loved the experience of driving the warm-up lap and was very grateful that it highlighted my grid spot or else I'd have had no idea where to park it. I was on pole, right?!

My sim racing experience has been largely Assetto Corsa, just due to the VR history and online racing numbers, but I do believe that if I'd spent those years racing in rF2 I'd be a better, faster racer. The way rf2 communicates with me seems more educational and informative somehow.

I'd love to race some more of these cars. Fridays aren't great for me anyway, I'd probably be able to make more Mondays.

I guess something else very positive from an enjoyment point of view - for all 40 minutes across both races, there was always at least one visible car in front of me and behind me.

Here's race one, captured from the VR feed.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 6.9%