British Superbikes: Linfoot Will Not Undergo Surgery

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
After a horrifying crash at Brands Hatch on Sunday, Dan Linfoot was taken to a London hospital by helicopter.

The Yorkshireman suffered four fractures in his pelvis after being run over at Round 1 of the British Superbikes season in Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, Kent.

Despite his injuries, the 24 year old will most likely be home at the end of the week.

"It could have been a lot worse than it is but it could also have been avoided," Said Linfoot.

"I came out of Druids and my hand was knocked off the bar by Keith Farmer. I fell off the side of the bike and James Westmoreland had nowhere to go but over me."

"It was not the way I wanted to start a new season but I'm still here and still talking. The chances of me being back for Oulton are pretty slim so I think I am looking at Knockhill for a return."

Linfoot was understandably upset at the outcome of the race, after qualifying in the top 10. After running fifth, Linfoot was set to secure GBmoto their best result in British Suberbikes ever. However, his crash shattered dreams of a top five finish, and left Linfoot in hospital.

Linfoot said: "It is obviously disappointing for me to be in hospital after the first round of the season as the Lloyds British GBmoto Honda team had done such a great job pre-season and also over the weekend at Brands Hatch to get us in a good position. On the last lap we were in a bit of a pack and I had passed Keith Farmer onto the start line and then he put a move back on me into Paddock Hill, but he got alongside me on the exit of Druids and we clipped and it took my handle bar out. Westy then had nowhere to go and caught me, but there was nothing he could have done so I don't blame him at all."

"It was a real shame as in the race I had been gradually building up and had conserved my tyre which meant I had a second wind at the end of the race and on the last lap we were all really close and it got a bit scrappy. It felt more like the last race of the season rather than the first! We showed that we could be in the fight for top positions and I felt really happy with the bike and was confident that we could have made a few more improvements to then try and move forward in the second one."

"The doctors at the hospital have assessed me again and I am having another this afternoon but they have now discovered four fractures to my pelvis, but luckily it isn't something that requires any surgery and I just need to rest and wait for it to heal. It is tough to get your head around at this stage of the season and we don't know what the recovery time will be yet but I need to say big thumbs up to the championship medical team as they really looked after me and I can't thank them enough. I have also had lots of messages from everyone on the social network sites and I want to thank everyone for their support. I will be doing everything I can to be back on the grid as soon as possible."

Linfoot will not be racing in Thruxton this weekend.

Image: Crash.net
View the Post on the Blog

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back