ACC British GT Series - Round 1 @ Donington 01.05.23

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
An apologize again to @Antonpiou / Nasos for the contact in lap 1, first hairpin.
As i said before via pm to him, i misjudged the traffic in front of him and that he had to slow down a bit more than usual in the hairpin. So i touched him slightley but this forces him to a spin.
Sad that i got just 1-2 seconds later a big from behind from from a guy who did not brake nothing atall from the big input i felt.
This caught me and Nasos to a second and bigger spin and in result to end of the field.
We than had a nice catch back hunt to the field, with Nasos just 2-4 sec in front of me and doing a good race.

Overall a tough evening, as expected. I missed traction and pace since the beginning of the tests with the Lexus. It got better the last 2-3 test sessions, but i could not get that damn Car up to speed. Driveability and consistency was good, so the feel in the car was not bad. Just missed some grip and speed. Despite that i enjoyed the race, after i reset myself in lap 2.
I made an error for repairing the 11sec of damage during the pitstop, because i saw Nasos flew by again when i left the pits.
It was a great battle getting back our positions mate. Accidents happen, it is part of the race. Either way, having still an hour in the race made us almost get back to our original positions.

Once again don't worry about the punt. It was a funny experience for me this race. :)

See you guys at Brand's Hatch :thumbsup:

@akephoe If you have any time to take some of your legendary screenshots of last night's race that would be awesome. Some brilliant liveries on show last night.

Oh - how was the join lag for everyone last night? Hoping if you have the updated livery pack installed it would have been minimal?
No issues here with the livery pack installed.

Which reminds me I need to get a Lambo paint made up this week now I’ve learnt how to do it in Blender.

From me aswell a big thanks to @SwannyUK / Chris for organizing and getting all things together to make this Club happen. I really hope that yesterday was not a one timer and your work pays off even more.
Like the the other clubs here at RD, organizing such nice cummunity races is a key for making racedepartment a nice place for and about our hobbie.
Also a big thanks to @JohannS for his "livery delivery service"!

To Ricrado for the win and Chris and Magnus for the podium places a well deserved congratulation.
I saw the last laps of the fight between Ricardo and Chris in front of me and it looked awesome. Great racing stuff guys!!

An apologize again to @Antonpiou / Nasos for the contact in lap 1, first hairpin.
As i said before via pm to him, i misjudged the traffic in front of him and that he had to slow down a bit more than usual in the hairpin. So i touched him slightley but this forces him to a spin.
Sad that i got just 1-2 seconds later a big from behind from from a guy who did not brake nothing atall from the big input i felt.
This caught me and Nasos to a second and bigger spin and in result to end of the field.
We than had a nice catch back hunt to the field, with Nasos just 2-4 sec in front of me and doing a good race.

Overall a tough evening, as expected. I missed traction and pace since the beginning of the tests with the Lexus. It got better the last 2-3 test sessions, but i could not get that damn Car up to speed. Driveability and consistency was good, so the feel in the car was not bad. Just missed some grip and speed. Despite that i enjoyed the race, after i reset myself in lap 2.
I made an error for repairing the 11sec of damage during the pitstop, because i saw Nasos flew by again when i left the pits.
The 2nd half saw some nice fights for position and that first place view of the fight for the race win.

Hats off to @Jay Clarke 66 btw.
He let me pass when i catched back the field in the opening laps without trying to block or fight for. I think he saw that i was faster then him and he was very clever to let me go and not to fight for nothing. In the end he gained more than the place he lost i believe, good clever racing mate!
Thank you for the mention @akephoe
The benefits of practicing with you guys and racing over the last few months makes it completely clear who is on what pace, this race uniquely gave me the opportunity to race with drivers of my pace, had already decided my pace for the race to keep me competitive in my field and most importantly tyre life, you described the racing decision and read my intentions on track 100%, I was racing the car behind you and the car in front of me, I took the opportunity to keep my pace as fast as possible and hold off the overtake for as long as possible, in doing so I gained time on car in front and increased the gap to the car behind, with so many more laps ahead it you hit the nail on the head when you said it would have cost me far more to defend against a clearly faster car, releasing you on your way was always the choice. Thanks again for the acknowledgement Oliver.
The advice and race tips you’ve shared with me over the last few months has been invaluable too mate. Thanks

I should also thank @akephoe. I pitted early thinking I was responding to an undercut and caught up to him in P15 or 14. Chris was catching up to me and he let me by on the straight. Could have easily made me fight for it. Thank you.

On another note, I think I caught @Hazzatron19 after he pitted before I did and he had blue flags.
I got a bit frustrated at the time that he didn't get out of the way, but it was merely because I got comfortable with the clear view. The pace was similar and There was barely a second between us. You did well in staying in front with the new tires and I pitted soon after.
Just wanted to let you know I didn't get upset even though I flashed you a couple of times. :D

Last edited:
Going off fastest laps (finishing position is never a good one to go off due to accidents etc) the PRO/AM classifications aren't too far off. I'd say anyone doing between 27.5 and 28.5 should be Pro?
This roughly equates to a 101% rule, which is a rather strict cut off, but then again the whole field was pretty close in terms of times. From the few different ACC-leagues I’ve participated in, the fastest quali lap +2sec has been the norm, which applied to our times from yesterday would be equal to 102%. (87,5 * 1,02 = 89,25)

And looking at your Silverstone post about this, the cut off was around 2,4 sec behind, and with a fastest time of 1.59,7 we get a 102% here as well. These are all rough estimates and leaves a +/- difference of 4 tenths.

So if you ask me I’d vote for 102% of the fastest time. :thumbsup:
edit: 101% is basically equally good but perhaps more applicable to different tracks as 102% might include drivers that don’t identify as Pro in race craft.

Last edited:
This roughly equates to a 101% rule, which is a rather strict cut off, but then again the whole field was pretty close in terms of times. From the few different ACC-leagues I’ve participated in, the fastest quali lap +2sec has been the norm, which applied to our times from yesterday would be equal to 102%. (87,5 * 1,02 = 89,25)

And looking at your Silverstone post about this, the cut off was around 2,4 sec behind, and with a fastest time of 1.59,7 we get a 102% here as well. These are all rough estimates and leaves a +/- difference of 4 tenths.

So if you ask me I’d vote for 102% of the fastest time. :thumbsup:
edit: 101% is basically equally good but perhaps more applicable to different tracks as 102% might include drivers that don’t identify as Pro in race craft.
My brain just melted :roflmao:

Congrats to admins for all the fun , also congrats to Pro podium player awesome !

As my last ACC MP race was in Sept 22 and not touched upon until last patch.
I decided it was time for a new car to try out , found the 296 was my choice.

Couldn´t race the Silverstone try out with you :( so it was a bit nervous with nearly full grid.

Qual 16th with a great PB show me that this would be a tough hour in front off me.

First lap hairpin mess found me turned around out in the grass , had to wait for a safe rejoin
back on track in 22 place it was a great effort try to catch positions still not kill the tyres completely.
It was great fun to race with you all :thumbsup:
Was a bit surpriced to be 11 th in the end.

See you all

Last edited:
Some kind of picture spam now from yesterdays arce at Donington.
These are just a few shots, not everyone is caught but i hope the selection is ok.
If someone wants a shot of his car let me know.

Racewinner: Ricardo Jorge
RC-ACC-BGT-DON-006.jpg

Runner-up: Chris Swan
RC-ACC-BGT-DON-019.jpg

and in third Place: Magnus Dahlgren
RC-ACC-BGT-DON-024.jpg

I should also thank @akephoe. I pitted early thinking I was responding to an undercut and caught up to him in P15 or 14. Chris was catching up to me and he let me by on the straight. Could have easily made me fight for it. Thank you.

On another note, I think I caught @Hazzatron19 after he pitted before I did and he had blue flags.
I got a bit frustrated at the time that he didn't get out of the way, but it was merely because I got comfortable with the clear view. The pace was similar and There was barely a second between us. You did well in staying in front with the new tires and I pitted soon after.
Just wanted to let you know I didn't get upset even though I flashed you a couple of times. :D
Hey man sorry if I held you up. I felt we had similar pace but if you got within 0.5 second I would have let you go 100%. I hope that didn’t ruin your race. I murdered my self on the kerbs anyway

Hey man sorry if I held you up. I felt we had similar pace but if you got within 0.5 second I would have let you go 100%. I hope that didn’t ruin your race. I murdered my self on the kerbs anyway
No, you didn't, I think I lost a bit of time, but it was just because it was making me nervous that you were ahead, not because you were getting in the way physically. But that's on me.
It was the right decision to stay ahead for your own race. I never really got close and pitted soon after.

No, you didn't, I think I lost a bit of time, but it was just because it was making me nervous that you were ahead, not because you were getting in the way physically. But that's on me.
It was the right decision to stay ahead for your own race. I never really got close and pitted soon after.
Thanks for letting me know, I would hate to think I was slowing you down. at one point I was trying get passed a lapped car out of t1 and I was basiclly bumb drafting them

Tough race for me, lads! Everything that can go wrong went wrong.
The qualy went well with me doing my best lap at that track with version 1.9.

Then, lap 1 things start to go astray. I got hit at the old hairpin, went out of the track, rejoined going as far to the left as I could, but still touched Johanson making him spin. It was so light contact that, at moment due to the narrow FOV, I didn't see him nor felt anything through the FFB. Sorry, Johanson!

After that, I was back at the race in 10th position fighting for P9. The Lambo ahead of me was maybe 0.6 slower than me, but I could not go for the overtake, as the best overtaking points he was fast enough to defend the position without much effort.

At Lap 10 (or 11), I did break a little bit earlier to avoid hit the back of Johann, but Harry, who was following me close, could not avoid me and we made contact. Ok, not much damage, we kept on the race lapping on 1:28.3. Good enough.

Then came the pitstop and I completely messed up! Was used to the short nose of the Audi and overshoot the pitbox. Had to turn the car on again, reverse, and turn off. And still out of place! But close enough for the game to correct me.

Came out of the pits in 12th some 3 seconds behind Brooks and decided I would go for qualy laps until the end. Of course I crashed! Went to fast for the Old Hairpin, under steered, touched the grass, spun and into the wall. More than 1 minute of repairs.

Made it to the pits. Forgot to uncheck fuel and tires change. 1m:40s latter I leave the pits with 93L of fuel . What can I do? Lets push to the end. With cold tires, I make a mistake at the chicane and get a DT.

Being hit, hit someone else, crash, pit-stop placement error, over-fuel, and DT. BINGO! Oh... didn't lost connection, so no bingo for me.

That was my race. Now I hope I left all the bad luck at Donny and I can have clean races for the rest of the championship.

Congrats to Ricard for the win, Chris and Magnus for the podium and everyone else for a nice race. It was great to see the big grid!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.