British GT 2018 Aston Martin Vantage Pack

Skins British GT 2018 Aston Martin Vantage Pack 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
enkay74 submitted a new resource:

British GT 2018 Aston Martin Vantage Pack - 5 x Aston Martin skins with balance of performance with Kunos GT3

Here are 5 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 skins from the 2018 British GT championship. There a couple of quirks with the 3D model so skins are not 100% accurate but certainly close enough to recreate the cars on the grid this season!
View attachment 253843
View attachment 253844 View attachment 253845 View attachment 253846 View attachment 253847 View attachment 253848

Included are all of the files for BOP with Kunos GT3 field and some other small fixes for the car which are...

Read more about this resource...

Here is a fix for the wheels/suspension
Screenshot_ag_astonmartin_vanatage_gt3_ks_nordschleife_1-6-118-5-25-59.jpg

Screenshot_ag_astonmartin_vanatage_gt3_ks_nordschleife_1-6-118-5-14-38.jpg

Screenshot_ag_astonmartin_vanatage_gt3_ks_nordschleife_1-6-118-5-4-27.jpg

https://www23.zippyshare.com/v/vVsuR1jZ/file.html

also there is a better/newer version of this model floating around the "land of assetto" ;)

Last edited:
I may want to take a look...
Do the skins fit that model ?
I couldn't resist trying them on the urd_egt_am model, but that did not work, sadly... :(
The data files with this download should resolve the wheel in the guard problem from the Blancpain version and also the shift lights & driving/brake lights. Give this one a try and see if it works better for you???

A small issue (in all versions of the car, also before your updates - so not your fault):
The digital rev meter (bars) in the display is almost all the time at the max (6000 rpm), which does not correspond with the rev lights.
Could there be a fix for that too ? :geek:

A small issue (in all versions of the car, also before your updates - so not your fault):
The digital rev meter (bars) in the display is almost all the time at the max (6000 rpm), which does not correspond with the rev lights.
Could there be a fix for that too ? :geek:

Yeah that bugs me as well... Ill take a look at that today

Thanks for the 'land of assetto' tip. That model is updated too. No wheel guard/shift lights issue here.
So now I can use your nice skins... :thumbsup:

Also use the data folder from this skin pack with my patch instead of the one that comes from that other place. the handling on that version is really bad

The data files with this download should resolve the wheel in the guard problem from the Blancpain version and also the shift lights & driving/brake lights. Give this one a try and see if it works better for you???

Will you be updating the skin packs with the updated ini files? also maybe include a direct link to the better version of the model
will make installing the mod easier for people

Hi,

Great to see someone working on the getting a good version of the AM GT3 in to Assetto Corsa.
One thing have not understood is that many of the versions including this one and the URD GTE version all seems to have less power than the car in real life.

I work with a real life driver of a 2012 AM GT3 Vantage and it has 635 BHP
Astons own sales page for the Vantage GT3 quotes over 600 BHP and 700Nm torque ..

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/racing/race-cars/vantage-gt3

Examining the power.lut file in your latest version shows a max BHP of 471 @ 6250 RPM

42616979211_414ea60cef_h.jpg"

So what gives ? am i missing something ? or is this car down on power ...

Not criticising your work would just like to understand why the numbers in power.lut seem way too low ?

Cheers
Jay

Hi,

Great to see someone working on the getting a good version of the AM GT3 in to Assetto Corsa.
One thing have not understood is that many of the versions including this one and the URD GTE version all seems to have less power than the car in real life.

I work with a real life driver of a 2012 AM GT3 Vantage and it has 635 BHP
Astons own sales page for the Vantage GT3 quotes over 600 BHP and 700Nm torque ..

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/racing/race-cars/vantage-gt3

Examining the power.lut file in your latest version shows a max BHP of 471 @ 6250 RPM

42616979211_414ea60cef_h.jpg"

So what gives ? am i missing something ? or is this car down on power ...

Not criticising your work would just like to understand why the numbers in power.lut seem way too low ?

Cheers
Jay
Hi Jay, My goal with tweaking the Aston Martin files was create a car that had a balanced performance with all of the Kunos GT3 content meaning it would be usable in races as the original mod was far too slow. I didn't know how realistic this would make the car but my main aim was to have it driving competitively & looking good on the grid. Apparently quite a lot of people were looking for this also as I have had a lot of people assist me with the car adjustments (tyres, suspension etc.) as I usually just work on skinning cars (this has been a good learning experience though!) When I get some more time I may re-visit the mod to see if I can make it closer to real life.

Hi,

Like i said its great that you and others have put some work into making this car handle well ... i have not actually tried it yet although have downloaded and installed it .. i'm currently using the URD Aston Martin GTE mod for driver training but i'm going to test your mod soon and see if its any better. The URD mod is ok but it too seemed to be lacking power ... over 600 BHP in the UI power graph but the actual sim BHP was similar to yours IE < 500 BHP defined in power.lut ???

Hence my question about am i missing anything ?
With the URD mod it was impossible to get the car anywhere close to a real life lap time.
In real life the GTE is actually faster than the GT3

The driver i work with can do under 1:59:0 around Silverstone GP circuit in real life in 2012 Aston Vantage GT3 .... real life data logs show 165MPH at the end of the Hanger straight

I modified the power.lut file of the urd mod to around 600 BHP and that got the cars lap times and speeds almost bang on with real life.

However the URD mod is based around the GTE car which is quite a bit different to the GT3 so will be great if your mod can improve the handling and feel of the car to be more like the GT3 ... biggest issue with the urd mod is the breaks lock up too easy no matter what you do with the balance which indicates a lack of mechanical grip and the downshift protection is overly aggressive.

I hope to test your mod with a real life AM GT3 driver later today ... i'll report back on our findings.

And let you know how it goes ....

Cheers
Jay

Hi,

Like i said its great that you and others have put some work into making this car handle well ... i have not actually tried it yet although have downloaded and installed it .. i'm currently using the URD Aston Martin GTE mod for driver training but i'm going to test your mod soon and see if its any better. The URD mod is ok but it too seemed to be lacking power ... over 600 BHP in the UI power graph but the actual sim BHP was similar to yours IE < 500 BHP defined in power.lut ???

Hence my question about am i missing anything ?
With the URD mod it was impossible to get the car anywhere close to a real life lap time.
In real life the GTE is actually faster than the GT3

The driver i work with can do under 1:59:0 around Silverstone GP circuit in real life in 2012 Aston Vantage GT3 .... real life data logs show 165MPH at the end of the Hanger straight

I modified the power.lut file of the urd mod to around 600 BHP and that got the cars lap times and speeds almost bang on with real life.

However the URD mod is based around the GTE car which is quite a bit different to the GT3 so will be great if your mod can improve the handling and feel of the car to be more like the GT3 ... biggest issue with the urd mod is the breaks lock up too easy no matter what you do with the balance which indicates a lack of mechanical grip and the downshift protection is overly aggressive.

I hope to test your mod with a real life AM GT3 driver later today ... i'll report back on our findings.

And let you know how it goes ....

Cheers
Jay
That sounds awesome Jay, to get some feedback from someone who has driven the car in real life is unreal! I am learning as I go with this one but any comments would be much appreciated. I am sure the engine characteristics won’t be correct at this point but I am definitely feeling motivated now to learn more and make some improvements!
Cheers,
Neil.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back