Breaking: Multiplayer coming next week!

For the beginners, I just can repeat and confirm what Bram mentioned higher.

The Racing Clubs are perfect for you with all levels drivers, you'll always have someone to drive of fight with fairly and as gentlemen.

I began my online races here at RD a few years ago ... and although I'm rather busy elsewhere I always try coming back from time to time ... when the opportunity shows a free evening.

Which is fact indeed. Although we can safely assume that a smart developer as himself gained enough experience during the time since the interview was done to make AC's multiplayer a lot better.

But nothing wrong with a buggy first release either as there is still time to fix and improve it. Friday will be a proper first test with valuable feedback.

Personally i am very curious if the dedicated server package has a graphic interface. No way I wish to return to the command line madness as with netkar pro.

Can't wait to try it out.

I certainly hope not, dedicated servers should be command line only, all the important options need to be accessible via in game options. Thats the GUI and thats where we should easily be able to change stuff like track/cars/laps and so fort. Best case scenario; you turn on the server and never need to look at the dedi exe again.

I did post something along the lines in the assetto forums already, I hope they manage to make it as user friendly as possible, because right now I see a lot of things that where bad in netkar, like the completely separate and static in game UI, you really should be able to change most of the options without quitting the game every time.

Judging by the fact Kunos has basically re-written all the code for AC, and none of netkars code has been used as far as I understand, and I doubt Kunos would use netkars netcode as they know as we do, it wasn't up to scratch then, let alone now.

So I think we will all be pleasantly surprised with AC's MP format.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back