BREAKING: 2020 AUSTRALIAN FORMULA 1 GP CANCELLED

Why didn’t they cancel last years when even more people died of the flu
because there is a vaccine against the flu, if people are not inteligent enough to protect themself from something as easy as this why cancel anything

corona is different, it can´t be protected against before the infection happens, only somewhat cureable after, by then the infected person may already be in trouble

The topic was derailing to the point where people are discussing the severity of the virus itself, that doesn't contribute to the topic.

People are discussing the severity of the virus in relation to the cancellation of the GP...
What you wrote isn't contributing.

Anyhow, with no Aussie GP this is upsetting. Not seeing Albert Park be the first GP being raced will be different to say the least. Maybe they'll reschedule it for a later part of the year, I wouldn't put a bet on it though.

Last edited:
Why didn’t they cancel last years when even more people died of the flu

These sorts of posts all over the internet are getting tiresome.

Imagine if you will, when Niki Lauder died, that when RD put up the thread about it, some wise arse came on and said
"Why didn't RD put up a thread about all the other people who died on that day?!"

I imagine it wouldn't of gone down too well...do you?

Of course other things happen, people die all the time...but this is new, it is happening right now. I can't really see another way around it than to assume that every government and every sports association isn't just doing this out of hysteria... or for fun or to sell newspapers for other people...

It's alright guys, race fans are not alone. Basketball, football, and other sports event, even concerts are being cancelled. Rather ironic, what they call the top tier racing class is the last to make decisions... Talking about being slow. The teams will survive, they have done so for many years, preparing for a season not winning even a single race. The real poor countries and people are the most affected here.

Hard to say lucky to the ones infected in Oz. But it's better to be quarantined there, in an English speaking country rather than in Vietnam or China for example.

We have 1600 cases in America. It isn't widespread.
Come on. Do you sincerely believe that.:rolleyes:
Anybody who knows the slightest about the US "healthcare" system knows that most US citizens have to pay themselves if they want to get tested.
In most civilised countries with a proper healtcare system people dont have to pay themselves.
Either they have payed via their taxes or via a mandatory insurrance system.
Thats the reason your "1600 cases in America" is a joke.
And a very bad joke.

We have 1600 cases in America. It isn't widespread. It was also in Washington State for 6 weeks undetected.
You are probably the only person who thinks the number is anywhere near that low. When people get a chance to be tested, we still wont know what the actual numbers are, but it will be way above that.

Max, Lando who else?

1584133149111.png

In as example Europe and North America people does react in a much more individual and often egoistic way.
Thats one of the reasons the epicenter for the spread of the virus now is not China anymore but Europe - and probably US in a few weeks because of the lack of adequate governmental intervention.

Another reason for stronger and faster european integration. The solutions of corona epidemic are too different from one member state to another. For example in my country (Slovakia) we close borders and all people who want to enter must go to 14 days quarantine, mass actions are prohibited, all schools, sports, culture events are closed. But if you look for another countries in the EU, there are everything much more free - yes, in situation where the epicentre of the virus is in the Europe. We need EU solutions for this type of unforeseen situations.

For real F1 it is annoying and disaster. But maybe the opportunity for simracers to give again a chance Codemasters F1 series :D

There may be some areas which are more easily affected for climatic reasons (for example in Italy the affected area is a flatland enclosed by mountains, where winters are cold and pollution can stagnate), but this is no flu.
Here, listen to this guy, he is the coordinator for COVID-19 ICUs (Intensive care units) here in Italy.

Quite possibly the most intelligent professional I have *ever* seen on Television.

If the Italian healthcare system response is informed and managed by persons of his caliber, Italy is a lot better off than I feared. I certainly hope that other European nations sit up and pay attention to what he's suggesting.

Dude, are you organizing this or you just grab somewhere? See, you can find lot's of F1 drivers in iRacing like Rubens Barichello, Esteban Ocon, Lando, Max, etc...

We have 1600 cases in America. It isn't widespread. It was also in Washington State for 6 weeks undetected.

Man, how far away is America from China? Taiwan is only 2 kilometers away from China on the nearest point. We only have 50 here. While in The Philippines, they have 64. This two countries are locking down, doubling down as we speak because they think it's a big number, and scared it might spread further. Taipei have outstanding healthcare system, while Philippines is the exact opposite. It's a very good example of two very contrasting places that tries to do their best to prevent further outbreak and they are showing the world just how to do it. It's all about the mindset man. And if you represent US with that relaxed demeanor even during crisis, I'm not surprised you you have 1600 cases. Pretty similar to FIA and F1's response TBH.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 33 16.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 72 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 115 55.8%