Brand New Fanatec GT3RS V2 Self Calibration Issues

I was told by a fellow gtplanet members, WhataMac (who is also on here) that this may be the best place to get some response for my showstopping issues on my just received fanatec GT3RSV2 steering wheel, clubsport pedal and shifter set.

With less than 24 hours at home with the steering wheel, I have had Self Calibration issues. When I turn it on, I've turned it on what feels like a hundreds of times, it will show "8.8.8." on the LCD and then turn it self all the way to the right and then turn itself all the way to the left and be stuck in that position with "8.8.8." on the LCD screen. I've tried unplugging all the extra components and even unplugged USB but with no change in symptom.

I actually had it working when I first opened it out of the box and carefully set it up on the wheel stand. It was working fine for the first few times I played with it (which was all under 1 hour each in a span of 6 hours). Then it has been stuck on this self-calibration mode ever since. I've been trying to do a few things.

I have tried installing 678 firmware and 681 firmware and had success installing it despite all the issues that I have read on firmware upgrading.

I emailed tech support yesterday morning and hopefully will get some kind of help!!! Spending this much money, over $500, on steering wheel set and rennsport stand and have these issues is not right!!! I'm kinda unhappy about it.

Also, I'm using the wheel on the PS3 and (always make sure i'm in PS3 compatability mode) with playing Gran Turismo 5.

Any help would be great! I heard Brian was a great resource! :)

Thank you all!

Hi Albert

I'm just off out for the evening, but if you dont hear anything back by monday, PM me here at RD and I will do my best for you :) Just give them a little time to respond first. Dont panic, We will get it resolved for you :)

Upvote 0
Hi Albert

I'm just off out for the evening, but if you dont hear anything back by monday, PM me here at RD and I will do my best for you :) Just give them a little time to respond first. Dont panic, We will get it resolved for you :)

Thank you! I appreciate it!

I wondering if it's even possible since I am having issues with this wheel to upgrade to GT2 wheel? Maybe? :)

Have a good weekend Brian!

Upvote 0
Hi Silverstar335,

They are definitely slow. I signed up for the fanatec forums on 911wheel.de, which is fanatec's offical blog site and I used it to PM thomas (who is the ceo, i think of fanatec) and told him that it took a long time. My experience is that they are fast to respond, but it took a few weeks to finally get a replacement shipped out, i complained exactly a month ago and finally have a ups tracking number 1 month later.

I heard they are improving their customer support, but for now, it is not very good. So I want to say that although their products are excellent when they are working well, support takes a long time. Just expect it if there are issues.

Hope this helps.

Hi Albert,

I have a brand new Fanatec GT2 wheel with exactly the same problem, I would like to find out if you have been able to find a solution. I have already send an email to e-support@fanatec.com and have been patiently waiting for a response.

Thank you,

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back