Boost Mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo Simons

10000RPM
Apr 15, 2009
Can somebody explain how Boost mapping work?
What is better? Rad 4 with boost 3 or Rad 3 with boost 2?
And what is temporary boost?

Some questions. But i want to understand how it works. :)

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Boost hasnt much to do with the radiator i am affraid. Boost is more like a turbo kind of thing. The higher you set it the more power your car gets:
- allows your engine to over rev
- uses more fuel
- damages the engine health

With the radiator you allow your engine to suck more or less air, which influences the temperature of your water and oil.

Aug 26, 2008
What was said above ^^^

The boost can wear the engine out allot in the race though even if your temps are good, so becarefull.

Temporary boost is like a boost button in champ cars, or like kers if it was created well enough :p

What is better? All depends on the physics in each mod.

Aug 26, 2008
You can assign boost to certain buttons. Decrease & Increase, from 1-* . It's better that way in F1 as you can go from 1 boost to 6 or whatever without much problem depending on the situation in a race.

Ivo Simons

10000RPM
Apr 15, 2009
Yeah i already have that. So temporary boost is the same if you just set your boost to 3 with increase in the race?

B

Brad Johnson

I noticed in running in the LMS Race last night at Fuji, i left my Boost Mapping on 5, so it drank alot of fuel and i only got 50 mins to a fuel tank, where as the others where getting an hour.

Jorge Blasco

25RPM
Aug 23, 2009
Yesterday, I forgot change boost mapping and the engine said stop xDDDD. Only 8 laps at boost 3 :S It was a noob FAIL! xDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.