BMW Schnitzer VS Opel 1900 GT @ Westwood Park - Tuesday May 18th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

cslvsopelgt.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: BMW Schnitzer VS Opel 1900 GT (Download Opel HERE)
Track: Westwood Park (Download HERE)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 22 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The RDHGP S4 skinpack will be used for the CSL, so must be installed.
Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD1900GT.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 284
  • CDSchnitzer.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 251
Sorry for missing race 2, connection fail...

Race one was okay for a while, was quite high in the standings. But I'm still too slow to race anywhere near the top half, and fell back soon. Then went wide in the finish straight, for the nth time, and got a stop and go penalty. Never did that one before, and I messed it up, turned off the engine even. Lost a whole lap before I got going again. Epic fail.

Awesome evenings racing. The cars were great and the track is epic.

Opel flew round it with no real effort required, so I managed 3rd having taken the lead on lap one........

The Beamer was it's usually self, a total pig in the bends, crap under braking and hard to control with the power down. But I still enjoyed a great race with some crazy battles over the last few laps as I had a train of cars trying to car which had rotten tyres by this point. Manuel did squeeze by on the last lap but I threw a stupid move down the outside at the last hairpin which got my back in front so came home 4th.

Thank carlos for an excellent event, keep them coming!

What a great night that was :D

1st time in the Opel and TBH for me it took a lot of getting used to, managed to get in the top half for qual and with the help of a few off's in front of me took P4 in the race.

The BMW was so sweet tonight for me, was pipped to pole by Marc, great lap, but managed to take the lead when he went slightly wide after T1. Had a bit of a wobble on the next lap, but after that managed to get into a nice rhythm to the end of the race to take the win. :tongue:

Thanks Carlos for another great combo of cars and track and of course the setup for the BMW.

Cheers to all the racers tonight too :)

Interested race evening,
Race 1 Qua on p5 (yes!) after a few corners on p2?? but nor fore long fast guys behind me, (Stuart) had good fights together in the Beamers, one corner not just right an Stuart gone after that making mistakes an dropped back to p12 dam..

Race 2 ,Opel not a good Quali p11 but make a good start,some guys in front going off so going up after 2 or 4 laps comming in the chicane just fore the back strait a bit of hassle in front have to avoid it an going off in the tyre barrier ,engine out race over ,double dam...

Something positive, it is a great track an the Opel a nice car (the beamer? we now his problems ask Tom an Carlos )

Thanks Carlos ,setups where good

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back