AC BMW M235i Race car @ Mugello - Wed 30 Jan 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Around Laguna Seca? T1, T4 (the right hander before the little straight), corkscrew exit and the long bends after thr corkscrew. And also the last turn. Basically all around as I just had to learn how to do the trailbraking with it, the transition from braking to accelerating and also how to do a proper exit!

how far away did you become from Bhz time?

Medilloni ...do the integrity check (nothing to loose) I know it is not your port because we have used this server many times before. If the integrity check does not solve it? then try disabling your anti virus and try ...if that fails then disable your fire wall for a few seconds to try.
  • Integrity check
  • Try
  • Disable anti virus
  • Try
  • Disable firewall
  • Try
As said I know it is not a port closed issue ...Failing all the above @RasmusP may be able to give some advice?

how far away did you become from Bhz time?
0.3s :)
This car is all about not scrubbing and not drifting. It's actually like balancing a raw egg on a spoon while running, lol!
- Brake too much while turning in: scrubbing fronts
- Lifting too quickly, throttle or brake: rear steps out
- Hitting the throttle too aggresivly: instant drift

If you ride more camber you'll lose longitudinal grip, if you make it stiffer you'll lose max lateral G. If you make it more under - or oversteery you'll lose either turn in or corner exit speed.

Plus: it's quite heavy so even if you're smooth enough you'll run wide very often as you just went into the corner with a few kp/h too many and since you're at the limit and lifting or braking would make you lose the balance, you can't even correct it :roflmao:

But I still love it! Since even if you're not hitting the sweetspot perfectly and are totally off the pace you'll always find someone to battle with. And battling with this car is awesome! :geek:

Medilloni ...do the integrity check (nothing to loose) I know it is not your port because we have used this server many times before. If the integrity check does not solve it? then try disabling your anti virus and try ...if that fails then disable your fire wall for a few seconds to try.
  • Integrity check
  • Try
  • Disable anti virus
  • Try
  • Disable firewall
  • Try
As said I know it is not a port closed issue ...Failing all the above @RasmusP may be able to give some advice?
@Medilloni before you do anything, could you tell me your error log or explain what exactly happens? You hit "connect" and then what exactly happens? Checksum error, any error? Ac just closing?

• Integrity check
  • Try
  • Disable anti virus
  • Try
  • Disable firewall
  • Try
Thanks Craig, integrity check fixed it:thumbsup:

@Medilloni before you do anything, could you tell me your error log or explain what exactly happens? You hit "connect" and then what exactly happens? Checksum error, any error? Ac just closing?
Hiya Rasmus, fixed now, but when clicking on join server, the black loading screen came up with 'loading track'.... and froze - had to ctrl+del out.

Will start doing integrity checks daily lol, would have been a bummer not using the Bimmer:p

Thanks guys :)

I practiced today for a good hour, getting into driving again after some weeks. This car is worse than I remembered... Wonky wonky honky tonky, LOL! :whistling:

But my spreadsheet tips still got the job done and after 20 minutes I was consistent and getting quicker the cleaner I became. Here's my PB from today. Maybe it helps you guys having problems with the wonkyness!

Grab a stopwatch or PM me for the lap time :)

Went on the server tonight and I'm nearly 2 seconds slower than practice at home with same track temps, my flabbers are gasted, never had this huge time difference before!:cry: Not the first time it's happened but I'm shocked with the size of the gap this time.:O_o::( Does the track rubber in on the server, or, err something else???

Went on the server tonight and I'm nearly 2 seconds slower than practice at home with same track temps, my flabbers are gasted, never had this huge time difference before!:cry: Not the first time it's happened but I'm shocked with the size of the gap this time.:O_o::( Does the track rubber in on the server, or, err something else???
To check the Server settings just go into the pits and note down the server settings :)
I marked the important ones.
Higher air temp: less engine power, tyres don't cool down as fast after a slide afaik

Higher asphalt temp: tyres are just warmer

You probably were used to not going red/overheating mediums and 20 horsepower more. Track grip is at 100% so that's out of question.
upload_2019-1-25_1-25-31.png

Last edited:
To check the Server settings just go into the pits and note down the server settings :)
I marked the important ones.
Higher air temp: less engine power, tyres don't cool down as fast after a slide afaik

Higher asphalt temp: tyres are just warmer

You probably were used to not going red/overheating mediums and 20 horsepower more. Track grip is at 100% so that's out of question.
View attachment 287628
Thanks Rasmus, I didn't realise air temp would affect power (in real life yes, just not in AC!). I can, and do change track temp, and all other criteria possible in-game, when practicing to match the server, though I can't change wind direction or air temp. I have tried mediums though I was comparing like-for-like times on the hards, even they were getting hot.

Thanks Rasmus, I didn't realise air temp would affect power (in real life yes, just not in AC!). I can, and do change track temp, and all other criteria possible in-game, when practicing to match the server, though I can't change wind direction or air temp. I have tried mediums though I was comparing like-for-like times on the hards, even they were getting hot.
You should try content manager :)
There you can select "advanced settings" and have temperatures split etc.
I'm quicker on hards when driving on the server. Mediums are just getting cooked and start to smear...

Haha, I looked at that a while ago, and thought it was too much to deal with - my game used to crash on a regular basis - and as you might remember, my pc skills are non-existent:laugh: If I could find a 'baby steps' instruction to install I might have another look.

Yes, the mediums seems to last as long as Mozzarella here:)

Haha, I looked at that a while ago, and thought it was too much to deal with - my game used to crash on a regular basis - and as you might remember, my pc skills are non-existent:laugh: If I could find a 'baby steps' instruction to install I might have another look.

Yes, the mediums seems to last as long as Mozzarella here:)
Baby steps: you don't really "install it". It just reads out the ac configs at start-up.
So you start it and everything is the same like with the default launcher if you don't touch anything!
Then you just hit the track and you'll also get better overview about what is going wrong if you're facing issues.

Since you pm'ed me, let's just do it together while in teamspeak :)

I practiced today for a good hour, getting into driving again after some weeks. This car is worse than I remembered... Wonky wonky honky tonky, LOL! :whistling:

But my spreadsheet tips still got the job done and after 20 minutes I was consistent and getting quicker the cleaner I became. Here's my PB from today. Maybe it helps you guys having problems with the wonkyness!

Grab a stopwatch or PM me for the lap time :)
hi Rasmus
for me the video helps a lot. I will never be as fast as you but i see the corner entry speed and where you brake or lift only the gas. Thats good imho to compare my own speed on the corners to get closer to your time.
Nice.
Schön das wir wieder zusammen fahren nach langer Zeit :)
hape

lol @RasmusP

I really dislike slow cars. Never learned how to drive with friction-less in mind. Hope i'll get up to speed but at least I'll try and have fun first and speed second :)

lol @RasmusP

I really dislike slow cars. Never learned how to drive with friction-less in mind. Hope i'll get up to speed but at least I'll try and have fun first and speed second :)
Well you can always just have a blast while wildly drifting side by side anywhere in the field :D have to say to get this car really up to speed isn't as much fun as just shredding the tyres and drifting every corner!

Yup, the key to this car is driving it like Grandma going down to the shops :roflmao:.
Also means your Medium tyres don't turn to mozzarella ;) Admittedly it was only a 30min/14 lap run, but tyres still had 99% of their grip left :cool:
Though that could be down to my laptimes :laugh:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea