rF2 BMW 320 Turbo GTO @ Riverside - Thu 26 Aug 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hmmm, yeh I binned em for hards buddy. The mod had an update. Maybe they messed the tyres up?
Ok will try those :)
Edit: As for the steering wheel, I know that @Daniel R. races in VR and I never heard him mention the rotation not being the same correct on the virtual wheel?
It's not massive but very visible at like 180 degrees, like 20 degrees or so missing on the virtual wheel. Everything else seems correct, all in sync at 540 degrees and my real wheel locks exactly at that. Pretty sure it's the car by now, tried ten others, all fine. Also pretty sure it was correct once so maybe some update caused it.

Hi Roland.
Adding you now. :)

Edit: As for the steering wheel, I know that @Daniel R. races in VR and I never heard him mention the rotation not being the same correct on the virtual wheel?
I think for me everything was always correct... Haven't driven them for a while. So maybe update related...

But it should only play a role in tight corners no?

Allright, we need a but more... Combo is golden!!!

@Kresh @Steve Le Gallez @Ole Marius Myrvold @Joakim Skalstad @Roy Magnes @Matt Rosum

Its boost time!!!!!

I'm running around the national football stadium in Norway these days. After 20 months closed (last match with spectators was in December 2019), it's a lot of work needing to be done before the match against The Netherlands the 1st of Sep and Gibraltar the 7th.

I haven't even found time to do daily events in Mini Motorways lately :p

I'm running around the national football stadium in Norway these days. After 20 months closed (last match with spectators was in December 2019), it's a lot of work needing to be done before the match against The Netherlands the 1st of Sep and Gibraltar the 7th.

I haven't even found time to do daily events in Mini Motorways lately :p

Well, I never knew that the Scandinavian people can "Mi mi Mi" so loud....

LOL

Well, tried a few laps, did not crash too often, so I'll join in, please.
Did not try the hard compound, though. 150 °C front tire temp is alright, isn't it?
Even with no sliding or brake lockups I am ripping 4% per lap off the softs. Not even entertaining the idea of using them in race. I'll be down to shopping trolley handling by midrace... :roflmao: No doubt there will be those that can do it but I'm not one of them.

Apologies guys, Haven't been able to check yet but either my brake pot has crapped out or (more likely) after servicing my pedals a couple of days ago, I suspect (hope) I may have crimped a wire re-assembling. Too early to make noise so will have to wait. Nothing to do with the game as nothing is showing in the TM software.

Apologies to the guys I took out.

That was some nice racing again.. :)
This combo surely deserved a slightly higher attendance, but a short track like this works with a small crowd just as well..

Stubborn me tried soft rear tyres for R1, which worked great! For about 10 mins.. after which the tyre grip slowly changed from car racing to figure skating levels..:confused:
At the end of R1 I had 7% left on my RL and 12% on my RR tyre. Needless to say I opted for all Hard tyres in R2, on which I was slightly slower at first, but could hold that pace all race long..

I like this track; and this rF2 version doesn't have the half-buried concrete-filled insta-kill-yer-car tyres the GTL version had, so it is a lot more forgiving..
002-1968-modified-race-riverside-ca.jpg

(although I think in reality these were just rubber tyres and not concrete filled :whistling:)

Thanks Denis for organising, thanks to all who raced :thumbsup:, and to the guys who tried but couldn't due to technical problems :( . CYA next time.

Somehow I missed this tag, I am just too busy with work and life until the end of November. There is no time to sim race for me or any other fun activities :unsure:. If I ever can race I will join you guys.
Hey Kresh, don't worry, we hope that the stress for you will be OK for the near future!!

And you know, when you're back, you will be welcomed with a big smile!!!

Take care!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back