AC BMW 1M Stage 3 @ Donington National - Fri 15th 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry, you don't want to race because your setup isn't finished?

Yeah I undid all my cabling and stuff so that I could re-do it all more tidily. It's a bit of a mess. Doing all my network and HDMI cables at the same time. Should have it sorted in time for the GP2 event.

Really? I cant even stay on the track and I'm racing WTF! Don't think we are quite that serious.
Even Levi is racing in this one and we all know how crap he is:D

I'm more worried about ripping a cable out of it's socket with my foot and breaking it.

Don't we race with TC & ABS Off ????
Well yes and no.

Yes:
- Some cars don't have the option of ABS or traction control (Formula Abarth for example).
- Some cars have them available to be used, but are set default to "OFF" as part of the car's set up, irrespective of whether you have ABS and TC turned off in the main menu.

No:
- Some cars have ABS set to "ON" regardless of whether you have them turned on or off in the main menu.

To change this, simply ALT+A for ABS settings, and ALT+T for traction control settings.
Personally, I never have TC turned on, and only use the in car ABS if we're using these types of road cars, or GT3 cars (which use ABS in real life).
Other than that, I'm cold turkey on the ABS/TC driver aids.

Yeah I undid all my cabling and stuff so that I could re-do it all more tidily. It's a bit of a mess. Doing all my network and HDMI cables at the same time. Should have it sorted in time for the GP2 event.

I'm more worried about ripping a cable out of it's socket with my foot and breaking it.

Ohhhh.
I thought you meant Car setup. haha
But you mean your Rig setup.

LOL
No worries mate. Take your time to get it sorted ahah!

What is the situation with penalties here? The most aggravating thing about this track is that if you even have half a tyre on the grass at any point the game hands you a 5 second penalty. It's a tad too punishing. Also in terms of ABS it's on by default in this car and it can not be turned off as ALT+A does nothing. TC can't be turned on though so that avoids that issue.

What is the situation with penalties here? The most aggravating thing about this track is that if you even have half a tyre on the grass at any point the game hands you a 5 second penalty. It's a tad too punishing.

Yeah, we'll turn penalties off.
It's too strict here.

That would be bad, Particularly in the middle of the race :confused:.

Well yes and no.

I also have all that turned off.
OK i was under the impression Regardless if the car had ABS OR TC available
that it was turned off (ALT-A Alt-T) for the Event ??? I guess it can't be policed as such.
Will this on/off be controlled by the server and a later date ???

Also in terms of ABS it's on by default in this car and it can not be turned off as ALT+A does nothing. TC can't be turned on though so that avoids that issue.

OHH I see if the car has ABS & TC fitted you can't turn it off. OK I understand now. clear as water.
Not that it was an issue just trying to understand.

Oh lol im with Chris I thought you meant your car setup wasn't to your liking OMG

Thanks guys awesome fun, and I promised that I wouldn't mention that I finished in front of Chris Stacey in both races so unfortunately I can't tell you that here. So if you want me to tell you that I finished in front of Chris in both races them pm me and I will tell you in private. Hope you all understand

Good race, actually im not too good with street cars myself so belive it or not, my pace was crap :D below average fps in the race for me too for some reason, must have been the amount of trees in the background.
Regarding turbo, first race i ran 5 laps with 90% and then rest with 80%
Second one with reverse grid, i throught that we will have a standing start after formation lap so backed off alot but was still first somehow by 2nd lap 2nd corner lol. Half the race 80, some spots of 90 and 100 to do the times i did but engine went red last laps so couldnt push until the end :p still good practice though, the track is great.

"my pace was crap" Oh pleasee :rolleyes: and the start on the 2nd race was hilarious haha, I was wondering why you dropped back so far, I thought you were giving all of us a head start :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.