Blender questions

I would like to know how to make an edge sharp?

I have done it before I think..? But cant remember how, or what I did.
Just got the glow back and pulled up a project I would like to try to finish.

Tanx!

Tanx boomer541. I do think it might have to do with crease.(shift+E).?
I have "separated" and used "loop sudivide"to get a sharp edge.
Also selected the edge and used "bevel" and enter, <- (The best way for now)
but there must be a proper way doing it.. or is one of theese the proper way?
Maybe I just remember wrong.. :D

Shift-E is for when you have a subsurface going on, it adjusts how sharp the edge is after the subsurf.

You can also use the modifier EdgeSplit, with 'from edge angle' and 'from marked as sharp': I use an angle of about 40 degrees. You can mark edges as sharp with Ctrl+E (it's #11 to set, #12 to clear - forget how hotkeys work above 9)

And of course in either case you need to apply the modifier to see the effect ingame.

Can somebody help me,with some more photos from this(from tutorial for making a track in Blender)?
Select the left and right edges and extrude them (one after the other) outwards in the X/-X direction three meters. Separate (one at a time) and then join these two planes using the Ctrl-J-key and name it Ob: road-edge. Extrude these new edges outwards again by eight meters. Join these and name them Ob: ground. The result is shown in the image below-left. You can make the track section have guard rail/barriers or any feature you want. For the tutorial we will make it as shown.
And this is the test track http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5V22KB2R

The photos just show what the track section looks like in Blender. Just add detail in Blender for the objects desired and then when continuing the Tutorial you can generate the track with the details automatically.

Just play around with it to see the effect. Remember that you can save the .bend file at any time that you know things are correct and just reload the .blend file when you make a mistake.

Hope this helps, I wrote the Tut.

With the EdgeSplit modifier, it's kinda both - for rendering purposes (and if you apply the modifier to the mesh, as you have to in order for Racer to get it), the edge is actually split. In editing mode, it's treated as a single edge still.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back