Resource icon

Misc Blender ksanim/knh exporter 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm learning Blender (2.92.100.0) and animations, and so far I cannot get this to work, so I can only assume I'm doing something horribly wrong.

This is my blender project:
1619183245461.png

These are my export settings:
1619183325510.png

The steer.ksanim is only 6kb, and there is no requested driver_base_pos.knh generated, so I'm guessing the export script is not picking up the driver objects, but I'm not sure how to fix that. CM Showroom will show me the driver, but it doesn't move, and if I try to load an AC hotlapping session it errors out complaining about no driver model.

1619183571564.png

Can someone please point me in the proper direction for a resolution?

Thanks,

Dave\Esotic

The 'export driver_base_pos' checkbox means it only creates that file using the current frame, no animation export.

Last edited:
Thank you for the clarification. Any ideas why this is happening?
1619189086639.png

When I try moving the driver around in CM Showroom I get an error similar to one earlier in this thread:
1619195443216.png

EDIT: After starting over things are looking a bit more promising, but I'm pretty sure I'll find a way to screw it up.

1619197921310.png

Attachments

• 1619188974639.png
    1619188974639.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hi @Stereo , i'm trying to do a new animation for the driver's shifting using your rigged driver, i've done the 20 frames animation in blender (0 to 10 to reach shift lever and 10 to 20 to move it) and then i'm exporting the animation of those 20 frames selecting the full armature and in the exporter "Selected objects" and "fix driver:driver" but the animation looks wrong, from 0 to 10 is ok but then it's like 10 to 20 is somehow ultrafast or just broken and the hand just stay in the same spot and then comes back on the wheel... is there something i'm missing?

(i tried to select only the bones in pose mode and then in the exporter use "selected bones" but that will result in a completely broken animation, even for the steering, which instead comes out well if i select the full armature and then "selected objects")

Thanks!

(using Blender 3.0.1)

There's also timing in the driver3d.ini, I'm not sure exactly how it works offhand but it sets how quickly the hand goes from wheel to shifter and then time to do the shift and return (also rpm at which to pre-empt the first part of the movement).

Last edited:
There's also timing in the driver3d.ini, I'm not sure exactly how it works offhand but it sets how quickly the hand goes from wheel to shifter and then time to do the shift and return (also rpm at which to pre-empt the first part of the movement).
yes i've tried tweaking those also but got no success....

I've also found out that now Blender can export the FBX with objects/meshes named like DRIVER:DRIVER, don't know if this can be useful.

hi, I need help cause i installed the plugin and the export .ksanim isnt there, i tried at least 5 blender versions but didnt work

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-18 220013.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-18 220013.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 39
Hi @Stereo thank you for the great plugin, it worked great for the driver.
For some reason though, the animation for suspensions will result rotated 90 degrees forward over the X global axis. I don't really understand why it happens, I'm trying to rotate stuff but without any effect (and I wonder how is that even possible to be honest). With the FBX method it exports correctly, but I cannot animate more than one mesh with the same ksanim file.

Last edited:
Hi @Stereo thank you for the great plugin, it worked great for the driver.
For some reason though, the animation for suspensions will result rotated 90 degrees forward over the X global axis. I don't really understand why it happens, I'm trying to rotate stuff but without any effect (and I wonder how is that even possible to be honest). With the FBX method it exports correctly, but I cannot animate more than one mesh with the same ksanim file.
My script doesn't account for the rotation that the fbx exporter does at the root level. The part that's set as "forward: -z forward. up: y up". Cause I would have to copy that entire section of the fbx exporter's settings, and then users would need to manually match them anyway.

Instead it just can't be used on top level objects. Anything animated needs a parent. Doing this (any convenient rotation on the parent) will work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back