ACC Blancpain GT @ Misano - Wednesday 25th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Thanks everyone, great race for me ;) That start incident played along nicely for me so I could just bring it home. A pity @Luka Berk, you had great pace, would have been an interesting battle for sure.
Thanks to everyone who was lapped, you all played along nicely, at least with me, great job guys!
20200325230759_1.jpg

Hi guys,
great race! We have a stream of another episode of Racedepartment.com fun race https://twitch.tv/otcr_simracing

Thanks for this! :thumbsup:

And thanks everyone for showing up tonight, that was a great race for the most part, I believe :)

As it has been said, there were some issues with letting cars pass when the blue flag was shown: for now, remember that the most important is to be predictable, avoid any sudden braking or change of direction, and try to let the cars pass you mainly on straights.

And last but not least, check out the next big event this Saturday, there are still some places left!
- Sign up is right here: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ay-28th-march-2020.180271/page-4#post-3137454 - see you there ;)

Last edited:
Sadly I got punted in the 2nd lap and I had the rest of the race less downforce at the rear end.
But the rest of the race was pretty cool.
I apologize for reentering the track and hitting one.

Really enjoyed that race guys! My first one online on ACC, and i'll definitely be back!

Sorry to the couple of people I made contact with, it wasn't intentional, just lack of practice on this sim really!

I had a bit of a mare really. P13 start, then up somehow to P6 before a spin knocked me down to 9th/10th, then I got involved in a big smash after causing a spin, after which I had to pit for repairs and then for good measure a track limits drive through after that. I ended up 21st on the road but P19 in the end.

I had difficulty with the blue flags as I seemed to be quicker than some of the guys i was meant to be letting by after getting fresh tyres at my stop. It wasn't my intention to hold anyone up if I did so though, apologies if if I did.

Looking forward to watching the stream!

What a bad race from my side :( I send my big apologies mainly to @Luka Berk (and also others involved)) for the first lap collision. I released the brake too early and went straight into your back.

I also apologie to @Miko_Skye I lost the car over bumps and touched you :cry:

Sorry guys and hopefully next time I will have no collisions.

Cheers

No worries, made my race interesting if not else. Backmarkers were the real pain but guess I can't complain too much with the result in the end lol.

What a bad race from my side :( I send my big apologies mainly to @Luka Berk (and also others involved)) for the first lap collision. I released the brake too early and went straight into your back.

I also apologie to @Miko_Skye I lost the car over bumps and touched you :cry:

Sorry guys and hopefully next time I will have no collisions.

Cheers

Oh dear, what a horrid race for me. A couple of light hits in the first few laps from drivers as we all worked our way in traffic, but nothing too worrying, just racing, I suppose. Alas, after finding some rhythm I got tagged going past someone as they came back on the track and then BANG!! Another driver rear ended us both really hard!!. Rear end damaged and car would not stop oversteering.

Pitted after two laps of seeing if I could drive around the damage (I couldn't) and then the game froze as I drove into the pits!! Oh well, such is online racing.

Thanks for hosting and I look forward to the next race.

@r!ver_cz : no worries - happens :)

Another fun race to watch! Had great fun broadcasting it as well. Not as much drama as the last one (due to the weather being much more behaved this time) but still lots of collisions. Not so great for you guys driving but definitely good viewing :roflmao:. I have come to the conclusion that @Michael Rudolf isn't human with the pace he was going. You're nuts dude :alien: Smashed it for both races I have been here now!

You can catch the VOD HERE

End leaderboard got screwed up again due to people leaving before everyone finished the race. It said Rudolf got DSQ on stream :D See you Saturday! (Videos will be getting a 1080p quality upgrade :thumbsup:)

I'm officially on the hunt for commentators. Feel free to DM me here or on Discord (Baylix#2914) if you are interested!

Another fun race to watch! Had great fun broadcasting it as well. Not as much drama as the last one (due to the weather being much more behaved this time) but still lots of collisions. Not so great for you guys driving but definitely good viewing :roflmao:. I have come to the conclusion that @Michael Rudolf isn't human with the pace he was going. You're nuts dude :alien: Smashed it for both races I have been here now!

End leaderboard got screwed up again due to people leaving before everyone finished the race. It said Rudolf got DSQ on stream :D See you Saturday! (Videos will be getting a 1080p quality upgrade :thumbsup:)

I'm officially on the hunt for commentators. Feel free to DM me here or on Discord (Baylix#2914) if you are interested!
Haha thanks mate! It's one of my better tracks and my main opponent being taken out right away made it easy to just do my thing. Also pretty human knowing that there are guys out there beating me by a second per lap ;).
Got the DSQ for a spin going back to pits after the race. Went back on track carefully but the game recorded that as going into the wrong direction, must be a bug at that spot of the track.
Nice stream, thanks for doing that :thumbsup:

Thanks for that ! Super nice to see my mistakes again ! :p

Already mentioned on TS it was a great race with some nice racing moments having quite a few with simular pace. Except Rudolf and Berk who managed 0.5-1 sec extra per lap o_O.

Besides the random crap I got myself into and errors I made ( sry for the one I lapped and shunted! ) the biggest mistake was using a fuel calulator and probably filled in wrong variables :whistling: so came up short 30 liters and had to make a pitstop ! Took some fresh ( cold ) tyres while I was in pit anyway and 1 lap later I had a drivetrough as well :O_o:hehe.

Glad after all these years to do some casual racing again, missed it !

Another disappointing race from my point of view.

P15 in quali (over half a second slower than my PB): 1.35.5.
I quickly gained a few spots in the race due to carnage. 2 or 3 laps in, I suffer a lag spike and go off track. I'm on TS acknowledging it when the following corners I realize my brakes won't bite. I have a big off after the long straight only to realize I mapped my ABS button as my Push To Talk button in TS. Lesson learned! :redface:

After 5 laps, I pitted for some damages suffered from the off track and entered the track just behind the train of cars fighting over 11th place. I followed @Fatalist88 (Reed) for numerous laps and felt I was quicker than the guys in that group. I was however a lap down, so didn't want to push my luck in unlapping myself as they were fighting for position. It was great following these guys so closely! :thumbsup: Felt like a battle even though it wasn't. At one point, I tapped him slightly and a couple of laps later he lifted to let me pass. Of course I bottled it and spun around.

Some time later @Ricoow pitted with damage and came back on the track in 21st a couple of seconds ahead of me. I thought I could close the gap on him, but that was wishful thinking. Made a silly mistake which let @Alex Harkett past. He then had a DT to serve and when I got lapped by @DrSayers @r!ver_cz used the opportunity to use his slipstream and pass me. After he had to serve a(nother?) DT, 22nd place was mine.

In conclusion: I had no pace and I wasn't consistent. Seriously considering this commentating job! :unsure:

Another disappointing race from my point of view.

P15 in quali (over half a second slower than my PB): 1.35.5.
I quickly gained a few spots in the race due to carnage. 2 or 3 laps in, I suffer a lag spike and go off track. I'm on TS acknowledging it when the following corners I realize my brakes won't bite. I have a big off after the long straight only to realize I mapped my ABS button as my Push To Talk button in TS. Lesson learned! :redface:

After 5 laps, I pitted for some damages suffered from the off track and entered the track just behind the train of cars fighting over 11th place. I followed @Fatalist88 (Reed) for numerous laps and felt I was quicker than the guys in that group. I was however a lap down, so didn't want to push my luck in unlapping myself as they were fighting for position. It was great following these guys so closely! :thumbsup: Felt like a battle even though it wasn't. At one point, I tapped him slightly and a couple of laps later he lifted to let me pass. Of course I bottled it and spun around.

Some time later @Ricoow pitted with damage and came back on the track in 21st a couple of seconds ahead of me. I thought I could close the gap on him, but that was wishful thinking. Made a silly mistake which let @Alex Harkett past. He then had a DT to serve and when I got lapped by @DrSayers @r!ver_cz used the opportunity to use his slipstream and pass me. After he had to serve a(nother?) DT, 22nd place was mine.

In conclusion: I had no pace and I wasn't consistent. Seriously considering this commentating job! :unsure:

Yes, it was DT for me. I managed that in just two consequent corners :roflmao:

It was a kind of OK race. Just before the practice I noticed that my brake pedal started feeling a little odd ..my DIY load cell brake mod started coming loose so I frantically removed it and relied on the original TM spring for resistance, I also did not have time to put on the TM conical rubber mod. So In a very short time I had to relearn braking!!!!! So Q was towards the back end ( normally I am the back end of mid pack ) managed to climb up to the middle until #70 punted me off when he came back on track ( he has already apologised earlier in this thread) This pushed me down the pack somewhat.
However I managed to have some great close racing with a few but my braking in the end was a problem and on one occasion during a blue flag situation put me in a unpredictable place on the track and there was an incident with a lapping car, my full apologies.
Anyway still enjoyable racing here on RD Club Racing

It was a kind of OK race. Just before the practice I noticed that my brake pedal started feeling a little odd ..my DIY load cell brake mod started coming loose so I frantically removed it and relied on the original TM spring for resistance, I also did not have time to put on the TM conical rubber mod. So In a very short time I had to relearn braking!!!!! So Q was towards the back end ( normally I am the back end of mid pack ) managed to climb up to the middle until #70 punted me off when he came back on track ( he has already apologised earlier in this thread) This pushed me down the pack somewhat.
However I managed to have some great close racing with a few but my braking in the end was a problem and on one occasion during a blue flag situation put me in a unpredictable place on the track and there was an incident with a lapping car, my full apologies.
Mechanical failures in the sim world, always fun ;) A toast to load cell mods, great stuff...if they stay where they should :roflmao: Great job in these circumstances, I could probably not do a single lap without mine anymore

Sorry again. I was steering away from you (more towards the left side), but it was not enough.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.