ACC Blancpain GT @ Brands Hatch - Tue 20th Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Apologies to whoever it was I bumped during the formation lap. Which, I have to say, was a very confusing one, going single file, then apparently double file again, with no clear idea who is supposed to be in what position (and it seemed like I wasn't the only one having problems with this).

BTW, what was the damage set to? A fairly small bump to the wall basically ended the race for me shortly after it started.

And don't let me started about the horrible input lag, the game felt like it was responding half a second later today. ACC is the only game I have input lag issues with, and the worst part is it seems to come and go, possibly with various updates.

But thank you for the race nevertheless, even if it ended less than 5 minutes later for me.

Well that was awful,

Kept spinning it in the hairpin, pulling too many gears.
Picked the Audi because it's quicker,
Spun lots and ended up way slower.

GTR for me again next time. MR Vehicles suck!! (i suck at driving them)

Hi Alan, sorry for the issue during the formation lap, I read it in the chat at the end of the race. To be honest for me it didn't appear to be a big hit, but nevertheless I apologize if I caused any damage that affected your race performance. Ralf Nass

@Rafael Navas no hassle man these things happen was just pissed off at the time...wasnt a massive hit but what ever it done i couldnt control the rear of the car after it and with the same setup in quali i had understeer so had to be the hit...thanks for the apology man

I just wanted to report a Bentley which rejoined the track occupying the entire course. I destroyed my front to avoid it. I'm not addressing anyone specifically or whining, I just wanted to tell him/her to pay more attention next time.
I could recover to p13, so it was a good race anyway.
See you next time

I enjoyed the race a lot. Did very solid driving up until 10 mins to the end spin out on T4 hitting the barrier, still lost only 1 position and managed to finish 8th. Thankfully all guys who was around me during the race was clean and careful. Thanks.

I wont to point in the qually, a Bently went out on to the grass and returned in front of me, pretty much ruining my hot lap. Not a big deal at all, just if you spin out in the qualy, your lap is ruined anyway, there is no point to rush to return to the track.

What a mess :( Spun off a lot and ruined my race after a few mins hitting the curb too hard and going off track. Fought my way back until 6th in the second last lap and then threw it away again unnecessarily in the last ending up 7th :cry:. Thanks for the hard but fair fight @Tiago Gouveia.
Also big sorry to @Radius_bg for that little bump. Replay def showed some space there but it looked like I made you spin out so sorry for that. Also thanks @Rafael Navas for just letting me pass when catching up, very fair :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Apologies to whoever it was I bumped during the formation lap. Which, I have to say, was a very confusing one, going single file, then apparently double file again, with no clear idea who is supposed to be in what position (and it seemed like I wasn't the only one having problems with this).

BTW, what was the damage set to? A fairly small bump to the wall basically ended the race for me shortly after it started.

I guess it will just be a matter of getting used to it; to be fair, the formation lap procedure is almost the same as in rF2, which I am sure you are familiar with :) the only difference in ACC is that near the end of the formation lap you have to get back in double file, NASCAR-style or... Blancpain GT-style ;) it is new for quite a few people, I get that; it is by keeping on doing it that we all will be better at it :thumbsup:

About the damage, there is no such thing as a setting for it, at least from the server side, which makes me believe that it is always the same, just like in iRacing. It must depend on the impact, as you can witness at the end of this year's Spa 24h where an Audi spun and hit a barrier backwards, and just continued, and sometimes other incidents that seem quite innocuous can lead to retirement. Personally I have found the game to be quite forgiving, as I have had a good number of first degree encounters with walls and always managed to continue, most often not even needing to pit. Regardless of the damage model, I am of the philosophy that we should always stay on track at all times, and if we crash out, we should accept the consequences that the game bestows upon us. But that's just my opinion :D

I just arrived home and very sad I couldn't attend this event.. :(

Sorry,I had a last minute issue due which I was unable to join you and send message. Hope you all had fun race.

Unlucky, see you guys next time :)

EDIT: @robt100 about the race starting time, I realised what went wrong: the time was indeed set for 8:00... on Saturday :rolleyes::whistling: which means that it would have been before quali, and due to time travel not being implemented in ACC, my mistake was converted into the race being started right after quali. My bad :notworthy:

And don't let me started about the horrible input lag, the game felt like it was responding half a second later today. ACC is the only game I have input lag issues with, and the worst part is it seems to come and go, possibly with various updates.

But thank you for the race nevertheless, even if it ended less than 5 minutes later for me.
Someone hit me at the start but these things happen, it’s always the same on acc I’m afraid, don’t think I’ve ever had a clean start yet especially with the AI

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.7%