ACC Blancpain GT @ Brands Hatch - Tue 20th Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Someone hit me at the start but these things happen, it’s always the same on acc I’m afraid, don’t think I’ve ever had a clean start yet especially with the AI

We have to remember that most of us are playing a car game at home, and a very little percentage (!) of us has actually driven real life races, let alone being a full-time race-car driver :geek: and this normally shows in formation laps. We will keep on having them, as everyone will learn how to proceed and get used to them in time :thumbsup:

I guess it will just be a matter of getting used to it; to be fair, the formation lap procedure is almost the same as in rF2, which I am sure you are familiar with :)
I don't really see too many similarities with the rF2 formation lap, given that rF2 clearly tells you who to follow and in which lane (and also to catch up if you're lagging behind), with the name tag of the car to follow also being highlighted in yellow if you have name tags enabled (which I generally don't ever since RD made a big deal of showing driver names on video, so maybe ACC does something like that as well if you have them enabled), and I've also never experienced a formation lap where you start double file, then you are *supposed* to go single file, and then get back to double file again. If there's a double file start in rF2, in my experience people generally follow that throughout the formation lap, except maybe momentarily for hairpins and other tight spots.

So yeah, I wouldn't say it's that similar at all. But I of course fully agree about it ultimately being a matter of getting used to (though I'm honestly not sure if I'll bother, between the input lag issues and other frustrating things, it's kinda starting to look like it's not worth it, but that's obviously just me).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.9%