Black Shadow flickering

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Justin Swan, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Ratings:
    +966
  2. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Ratings:
    +181
    Try turning shadow blur off - I had the same issue at one time - have a GTX670. I think that is what fixed it for me.

3. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +685
    Not meaning to distract from the OP, but I have a similar issue... just different lol.

I get a different type of flickering, my problem involves shadows that are on cars flickering everywhere else is fine. I ve tried most things and it randomly started once and has stuck in this game and also rFactor started doing it too. most annoying.

4. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,324
    Try setting opponent detail to high. That has worked for some glitches in a mod, who knows, it's worth a try here too.

5. Falk Massmann

Falk Massmann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    Robbie,
    are you running MSI Afterburner or another tool that´s using d3d overlays?
    I had flickering problems too mostly with sahdows of my own and opponent cars.
    I disabled MSI Afterburner and it´s gone now..

6. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +685
    Hi
    i use Nvidia inspector to set graphics and 99% of the time I have DXtory running to check FPS and take screenshots etc. i don't use any overlay plugins except the map that came with GSCE

7. Falk Massmann

Falk Massmann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    I figured it´s not related to Afterburner but haven´t found a cure anyways. It kinda appears randomly after a couple of laps and surprisingly sometimes can go away too after a while.
    But looking at your video I think it´s two different bugs. On my screen it always shows up on the cars shadows and on some other geometry around the track. I´m clueless....
    I´m pretty tech savy so I tried a many different things and configurations,problem pretty much remains.

Maybe someone from Reiza Studios can comment if they have experienced this too.

8. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +685
    funny thing is Falk, mine use to be fine then all of a sudden it started doing it, also does it in rFactor now, so both isi games have the issue.

I cant recall what i had done to make it happen but reinstalling game and diff drivers makes no difference anymore

9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +3,621
    Try creating a shortcut for GSC.exe and adding -fullproc to the command line (so it reads ...\GSC.exe -fullproc). This will disable fullproc which since v1.15 has been enabled by default. We´ve found that in some systems it can cause shadow issues similar to the one you´re reporting.

10. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +685
    in my case i have always run the fullproc since the 1st versions. but i will try that out, to see if that is the case now in the latest version. thanks.