Resource icon

Misc BETA TyreTempMod v.03

Login or Register an account to download this content
andyandy989898 submitted a new resource:

BETA TyreTempMod - Realistic tyre strategy, wear, temperature and grip mod

Changes aimed at 100% racers.
Softer tyres less used.

UNTESTED

no idea of how this will work so please dont use with any save you care about the outcome. Start new career or just do single races to see if any problems arrives.
I cant test this kind of change easily so will rely on your feedback :)

Read more about this resource...

Did a race at Sochi to see if my previous "MyTeam Strategy" works with this. It's possible I'm just better at tyre management on that track, so I'll try again on another track like COTA which I believe is pretty hard on the tires. Also it's possible the AI was little too easy for me anyway, so I'll increase it for my next test.

I did 1-shot qualifying and 100% race. I did the quali on Soft tyre, got pole so I had to start the race on that tyre. The strategy screen then had S/H or S/M/H default strategies. That's good, it's offering hard compounds. I went with the 2 stopper initial strat, but when my pit window opened at lap 9, I had only 22/24% deg on the softs. So I put in another set of softs instead of mediums. The AI seemed to go with 1 stop strategy, from soft to hard.

It took me maybe 3 laps to retake the lead, as expected from the pit shuffle. AI was on hards, I was on softs, so I'd expect me to be faster for a few laps before my pace would start to drop. Nope. I was steadily increasing the gap, at one point I was 2 seconds a lap faster than Hamilton, I think the tires were about 6 laps old by that point. He was on Hards, and I was on softs.

On my second stop, I had 24 second lead and was able to pit for hards and get out still in the lead.

But as I said, I'll try again on a track that's harder on the tires.

Thanks for making this! I'll do few more races today and tomorrow on different tracks and compounds.

Last edited:
I already did full quali on Bahrain on career mode with the mod from Pouble. So i used your mod only at race. All grid started with mediums except Gasly and Ricciardo. Pit stop strategy selection offered me M --> H or M--> M --> H. So thats nice. Everything was going well until lap 53(full race is 57 lap on Bahrain). Almost all the Hard runners except me and Giovinazzi started to pit at lap 53. Even at the last lap some people pitted for the Softs. Thats my feedback.

By the way the wear rate was nice i think. When i pitted at lap 22 with Mediums my wear rate was around 70%. Also the Hards was around 70% at the end of the race.

• Deleted member 1031992

I already did full quali on Bahrain on career mode with the mod from Pouble. So i used your mod only at race. All grid started with mediums except Gasly and Ricciardo. Pit stop strategy selection offered me M --> H or M--> M --> H. So thats nice. Everything was going well until lap 53(full race is 57 lap on Bahrain). Almost all the Hard runners except me and Giovinazzi started to pit at lap 53. Even at the last lap some people pitted for the Softs. Thats my feedback.
Have you use the default teams erp ? Poubelle use <UpgradeWearFactor value="1.4" /> when default is <UpgradeWearFactor value="1.0" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a race in Bahrain, in Grand Prix mode. Started one with full qualifying, but retired on lap 14 because I was consistently 1 or 1.5 seconds faster than Hamilton behind me(I was in Red Bull).

So the new race I upped the AI by few notches, and skipped quali completely, straight to the race. Everyone started on Mediums. I took 1 stop strategy this time, M/H.

So first off, I started second, Bottas pole. I took the lead in Turn 1, and pretty soon it was Hamilton behind me. For the entirety of the first stint(me and Hamilton both on Mediums), he was withing half a second behind me, getting close on DRS zones but not managing to overtake.

Then comes first pit stop time, me and Hamilton pit on the same lap, on lap 24. Immeatedly after I exit the pits, I make a good 1.5 second gap. After few laps, it was 3, then 4 and finally settling at 5 seconds. So somehow the Hards gave me more pace over the Merc. Don't know why, but oh well.

One other thing. The wear rates seemed alright. But before first pitstop, on my inlap, tyre wear was around 50%. Only that it didn't seem to affect my pace at all. I took a screenshot of my lap times, and they're consistently similar throughout the stint. I'd imagine they should drop as wear increases? The same happened on second stint on Hards, the lap times stayed similar despite of wear being about 60%.

I checked and the AI also seemed to do similar lap times on fresh and worn tires. Bottas even got fastest lap on lap 56 on hards :D

Looking at the results screen, everyone did 1 stop strategy. From Mediums to Hards,

Last edited:
Just did a race in Bahrain, in Grand Prix mode. Started one with full qualifying, but retired on lap 14 because I was consistently 1 or 1.5 seconds faster than Hamilton behind me(I was in Red Bull).

So the new race I upped the AI by few notches, and skipped quali completely, straight to the race. Everyone started on Mediums. I took 1 stop strategy this time, M/H.

So first off, I started second, Bottas pole. I took the lead in Turn 1, and pretty soon it was Hamilton behind me. For the entirety of the first stint(me and Hamilton both on Mediums), he was withing half a second behind me, getting close on DRS zones but not managing to overtake.

Then comes first pit stop time, me and Hamilton pit on the same lap, on lap 24. Immeatedly after I exit the pits, I make a good 1.5 second gap. After few laps, it was 3, then 4 and finally settling at 5 seconds. So somehow the Hards gave me more pace over the Merc. Don't know why, but oh well.

One other thing. The wear rates seemed alright. But before first pitstop, on my inlap, tyre wear was around 50%. Only that it didn't seem to affect my pace at all. I took a screenshot of my lap times, and they're consistently similar throughout the stint. I'd imagine they should drop as wear increases? The same happened on second stint on Hards, the lap times stayed similar despite of wear being about 60%.

I checked and the AI also seemed to do similar lap times on fresh and worn tires. Bottas even got fastest lap on lap 56 on hards :D

Looking at the results screen, everyone did 1 stop strategy. From Mediums to Hards,
It's a difficult one as although the tyre condition wears down the fuel also reduces and makes the car faster. Along with that you get better at driving the track. C1 and C2 do last forever though (by design) as I have heard the commentators say this season that these compounds could do the race twice they are so durable

Last edited:
The last lap put is a real problem with the game and it's a constant battle to stop it happening for years. I think the ai think they can make it to the end but can't. They reach the puncture zone and pit no matter how many laps lefts

It's a difficult one as although the tyre condition wears down the fuel also reduces and makes the car faster. Along with that you get better at driving the track. C1 and C2 do last forever though (by design) as I have heard the commentators say this season that these compounds could do the race twice they are so durable
I'll try again on another track with different compound then! I'll make sure it uses softer compounds too. Not today though. Maybe tomorrow. Right now I'm too drunk to drive.

I've done 4 races with full quali and 50% distance. Using this mod + 35% increased dirty air effect. The results have been amazing! I think the laptimes are realistic them getting lower towards the end of the race because of all the variables. Bots are able to go Soft -> Hard on some tracks, but that is fine as it's still quite realistic to me. Great work

Actually i think you can increase the tyre wear a bit more. Because when i tried the 100% Bahrain race AI started to pit at lap 53 for Softs.(M-->H-->S) In real life this season pit stops was like this at Bahrain: So most of the drivers pitted two times. It might be good idea to increase the wear rate for AI to pit 2 times. But also used tyres must be Mediums or Hards. What do you think?

yesterday i did a race in bahrain.

complete qualification with the 3 top teams that in q3 qualify with the medium while others with the soft. In the race, all the riders who can choose the tire start with the averages.

I am offered M-M-H or M-H.
I almost didn't want to believe it!
I go for the two stops but unfortunately my race ends earlier than expected.
I was curious to see if the AI put the soft at the end of the race or not.

from what I've seen, however, it seems like a good starting point.

I would only increase tire degradation when you are less than two seconds from the car in front.

ah, I almost forgot, at the end of the race I noticed that mick made 2 stops always mounting the medium tires, but as I said not having finished the race I could not verify.

So I did MyTeam race at Singapore. Full practice+Qualifying included.

So I was offered H/M strategy or M/M/H.

I decided to see how I do with 1 stop strategy, so I went H/M. The game wanted me to do 50 laps on the Hard tyre, and the remaining 11 with Medium. I figured the wear was going to be too much at 50 laps, so I edited the strategy so I'd make my stop on lap 44 instead. (The race was 61 laps)

Was decent strategy, though it felt a little weird that I don't think I felt any wear on the Hard tyre, even though it was at around 47%. On the mediums I started to slide a little more at around 30%. But no sliding at all on Hards, which I thought was weird. I'm pretty positive I could've gone over 50 laps without feeling anything.

But the AI did undercut me. Shoud've done the 2 stops, since i noticed that Mediums were about a second faster than hards. Goddamnit. Well that's on me for trying to last too long in my shitbucket anyway :D

IIRC the track used C5 to C3 compounds.

Did another MyTeam race at Japan. Wear rates seemed fine, except half the grid started with softs. I too started on Soft, did 19 laps on them and finished the race on Mediums.(Well would have finished if I didn't spin and crash with 3 laps to go...) I definitely could've gone for another set of Mediums, so the deg is fine.. The softs seemed to last almost better than mediums though. It's also possible that I put my mediums under more strain as I was pressured by the cars behind me, so I had to push for about 15 laps, which I didn't do on the softs.

Going to keep this mod on, there is more variety to the AI pit strategies, some started on mediums, did 1 stop, some with softs and 1 or 2 stops for some cars.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea